Pixelmania West - Christmas 2023

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Dec 29, 2022.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Special optional bonus ADR: I made a reservation at Lamplight Lounge in DCA on Thursday, Dec. 14 at 1 pm. Everyone's welcome to join me for a drink or some food to celebrate the success (or failure) of our California trip.
    If you're not interested, please let me know well in advance so I can reduce the number of seats.

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  2. gary

gary Member

i am in

3. gary

gary Member

given that we sort of have a plan and that we need not go through security multiple time i suggest we leave the park schedules as is and just hop back and forth as needed after 11 am

4. I will be there for that celebration.

5. ddindy

I made the final reservation on the wish list, Jazz Kitchen for Friday at 6 pm. Now I can relax and enjoy Pixelmania Classic.

Nancy AK likes this.
  6. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@Joanie Eddis-Koch I’ll pay you during Pixelmania.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  7. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@ddindy I’m in

8. Jeff Krause

Jeff Krause Member

Sorry I'm still late with the response. I've been busy with family this weekend. I'm all booked for Tues - Friday if there are any reservations available for Holiday time tour and World of Color I would like that. I can also join for Jazz Kitchen, but I'm not sure about the menu. :)

If it's too late to join your reservation I can try to make my own. Just let me know.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone here in town this week.

-- Jeff

9. @Jeff Krause I would say your best bet is to make your own reservations for the holiday Time tour and the World of Color dessert party.

For the other Dining that wasn't prepaid, we were making reservations for parties of six So you should be okay for that.

Do you concur @ddindy ?

10. Jeff Krause

Jeff Krause Member

Thanks Joanie. I've made my reservations.

Hope to catch up with everyone on Thursday at MK this week.

-- Jeff

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

I’m in.

12. ddindy

It all sounds good as long as @Jeff Krause booked the correct tour and dessert party times. The dining is already taken care of. Here is a link to the Jazz Kitchen menu.

13. Jeff Krause

Jeff Krause Member

I can make it. Although I've only ever had brunch there before. I believe they'll have something to eat for me.

-- Jeff

Nancy AK likes this.
  14. Jeff Krause

Jeff Krause Member

Thanks Dennis. I've got Tues 12:30pm and Wed 9:15pm reservations. I think I'm good.

15. ddindy

Perfect!

16. ddindy

The official park hours for Dec. 11-15 are starting to show up on the Disneyland site. I'm updating the Pixelmania West 2023 Official Announcements thread with information as it becomes available.

Gary and I sat down during lunch and worked on a touring plan for Monday morning at Disneyland. We should be able to get through several attractions in Fantasyland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square and Frontierland before lunch. I don't plan to be a slave to the touring plan - we need to be flexible to keep everyone happy. But if anyone has any specific requests, let me know and I'll work them in. The general idea is to concentrate on specific areas of the park early in the week so we're not chasing squirrels all over the place.

A good example is Fantasyland, where there is a concentration of attractions close to the back of the castle. If we go there first thing in the morning, we can get them all done in the first hour or so. But @gary wants to ride the train around the park first thing Monday morning, so we won't be able to zip through Fantasyland at 8 am Monday.

If you have a subscription to TouringPlans.com for Disneyland, let me know and I can send you links to my touring plans as I create them.

Don't forget that we have a Zoom call on Friday, November 3 at 7:15 pm. Check your DMs or bug @Joanie Eddis-Koch for details.

Finally, Indiana Jones is currently scheduled for minor refurbishment from Nov. 27 to 30. Let's hope it doesn't bleed over into our trip. The only refurbishments during our visit so far are Mark Twain Riverboat, Adventureland Treehouse and Astro Orbitor.

17. I subscribed to Disneyland Touring plans. My user name is Marlton Mom

18. gary

gary Member

unfortunately i won't make the zoom meeting due to family business in pennsylvania, i think the only thing i was interested in is booking the airport shuttle, i will book my own getting there since i arrive at 12:17 , returning i am on a flight leaving at 8;47, i am thinking dennis michael and myself probably can use the same shuttle, however i have tried a couple of times to speak with someone at abc and i just keep getting an answering machine, which as of tonight at 6;15 has a full mailbox

as far as any other plans, i can only paraphrase the good book, as for me and mine we will follow the dennis

19. ddindy

I'm disappointed to hear about ABC. Maybe they're swamped with Thanksgiving travelers. I'm open to suggestions. I checked the taxi company and they want $50 one-way.

20. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I can’t make the Zoom meeting.