Pixelmania cancelled for October 2020 : (

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Sadly, our group meetup has been cancelled by the consensus of the planning board for this year: (Oct. 21st - 25th 2020)

Some Pixelmaniacs are still planning on going on their own during this time. Feel free to chime in below, in the comments, if you still are planning a trip and want to connect with others that may be down there at the same time.

See the new thread for the Pixelmania 2021 announcement.

:)
    ~Joanie

2. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I will be at Pop Century October 20-28th.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've cancelled my room and park reservations and applied for an AP refund. See you all in October, 2021, Covid willing.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Lord willing, I’ll be at Saratoga Springs Resort from Oct 19th to Nov 2nd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nancy AK likes this.
  5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  6. gary

gary Member

but it hasn't been lifted going the other way, now i cannot verify this from first hand but ny is planning on having airline and train passengers fill out a form indicating where they have traveled from and anyone from the 34 restricted states is supposed to quarantine for 14 days. and supposedly health department teams will be knocking on your door to check compliance

7. Gov. Cuomo has put in place a $2,000 fine if you refuse to fill out the health department forms in New York upon return from the hotspot areas.

So far there are no monetary fines for non-compliance in New Jersey but when enough people fail to cooperate, watch for that to spawn.

Jeff, I'm glad you're not going. I worry about everybody. I about lost my mind when Gary came down with covid-19. I'm not the praying type but I was saying a lot of prayers for him when he was in the hospital.

If only we could get Nancy to cancel.

All the Disney stuff will still be there when this covid-19 thing gets resolved.

Stay at home and keep safe. Everyday the sheer numbers of asymptomatic carriers of covid-19 is multiplying at a tremendous rate, thus increasing your chances of becoming infected.

Every day it becomes more unsafe to be around people that aren't complying with social distancing and mask rules.

There is a big difference between the risk that we saw earlier when less of the population was infected then the risk that we are seeing now.

~Joanie

Nancy AK likes this.
  8. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Unless things in the World change, I plan to go in October. Am I the only one not canceling?

My last day of work is October 18th! I’m retiring.

jbwolffiv and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy AK likes this.
  10. Happy retirement!

Nancy AK likes this.
  11. gary

gary Member

nancy, good for you, my partial retirement probably won't happen until around the new year

Nancy AK likes this.
  12. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Good Gary! I’ve sort of been semi retired the last couple years. I might go back occasionally next February but who knows