~ Pixelmania 2017 Signup ~

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by mSummers, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

This thread will serve as the official signup thread for Pixelmania 2017. Please comment here if you're attending so we can keep an accurate headcount.

Current attendees:

Name / Forum Name / Resort / Dates

Jeff / RedOctober25 /Kidani / 11/30-12/14
    Michael / mSummers / Port Orleans French Quarter / Boardwalk Villas / 12/1-12-12
    Joanie / Joanie Eddis-Koch / Pop Century / 12/2-12/15
    Gary / gary / Boardwalk Villas / 12/5-12/12
    John / jbwolffiv / Pop Century / 12/6-12/11
    Dennis / ddindy / Pop Century / 12/5-12/12
    / Fishphotos / / 12/3-12/7
    Justin / Zackiedawg / Boardwalk Villas / 12/6-12/10
    Tim / Tim / Boardwalk Villas / TBD
    Jackie / yensid71973 / Bay Lake Towers / 12/2-12/13
    Dave & Gillian / ExploringWDW / Kidani / 12/1 & 12/9-12/10
    Crystal & Jean / crystaljphoto / Wyndham Bonnet Creek / 12/2-12/10
    Gary / WDWFigmentGary / TBD / 12/6-12/11
    Scott & +6? / disneyscott / Shades of Green / TBD
    Don / donsullivan / / 12/7-12/10
    Walt Prindle/wprindle/ TBD
    David Punch/Dpunchphoto/Off Property/12/7-12/11
    Jeff Krause/Jeff Krause/ /
    Tony/ DBTN / / 12/6-12-10
    Pat Saizan / / / 12/5 & 12/10-11
    Steve Ashe /Steve Ashe// 12/5-12/8
    Susan/skupaychck//

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Woohoo!!!! Technical Firsties!!!! Obviously you know I'm going to be there...

Jeffrey - aka RedOctober25 (or just Red)
    (Figured I'd add my handle for any newcomers...)

11/30-12/1 @ Pop
    12/1-12/14 @ Kidani

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Of course I'm in!

12/1-12/5 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    12/5-12-12 - Boardwalk Villas

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. Hi all. I'm Joanie and I am also a member of the planning board for our Pixelmania meet up. I'll be down at WDW from Saturday Dec. 2 to Friday Dec 15th. (Plop Century)

I've been passionate about Disney Parks photography since about 2008. My interest in photography in general started when I was in elementary school. I asked for a camera when I was in third grade and instead of an adjustable camera I got a Kodak Instamatic with a single roll of film and a square flash bulb. Since all you had to do was push a button to get crappy pictures, the dream died. Fast forward years later... I saved up all my money from my first summer job in high school and I purchased an aperture priority Minolta XG7. I was off to the races after that and I'm happy to say that I'm still passionate about photography today.

Around 2008 I had the fortune to connect with the Disney Photography Community. There I found people that shared their passion for photography and all things Disney. They were (and are to this day) very supportive, informative, and encouraging. It's a tradition that has benefited me, both personally through the friendships that I've made and photographically through an increased knowledge and understanding of how to become a better photographer.

I enjoy photographing everything at Disney parks because of the beauty and artistry that is on display every day. The technical challenges are varied, whether shooting a stage show, fireworks, or a dark ride. This keeps me mentally engaged as I continue to find ways to get better shots. Having the help and support of the Disney Photography Community helps me to become a better photographer. Making friends in this community has helped to make life more fun and engaging. We have a fantastic time when we get together to tour the parks. The conversation continues online as we continue to share what we have been up to.

Here is a link to my flickr page so that you can get an idea of what I have been up to.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/marlton-mom/

It is my hope that you will consider joining us and getting to know us as we tour the parks together and engage in our photography passion of all things Disney Parks. Pixelmania is an excellent opportunity for you to connect with people that share your passion for Disney Parks Photography. Everyone is welcome no matter what their level of experience or equipment set up. If you are interested in joining either our event or our community, register for this forum and post to introduce yourself. We look forward to getting to know you!

PIXELMANIA runs from Wednesday Dec.6th to Sunday Dec. 10th. More details to follow!

~Joanie

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    yensid71973 likes this.
  5. gary

gary Member

i will be there, 12/5 to 12/12, boardwalk villas

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I will be there from Weds. night 12-6 until Monday afternoon 12-11 at Pop.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'm in, Dec. 5-12 at Pop.

8. Fishphotos

Fishphotos Member

I will be there 12/3-12/7 for a quickie! Would love to meet up on 12/6 wherever the group is going to be... keep me posted!

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'll be there with bells on! No, scratch that - no bells. Arriving on Dec 6th, departing on Dec 10th, staying at Boardwalk DVC - Boardwalk View room.

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I suppose I might show up for a day or 5.

yensid71973 and mSummers like this.
  11. Okie dokie, we will take your picture off of the milk carton ;)

~Joanie

12. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I will be there Dec 2-13 at BLT.

13. Tim

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

mSummers and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  14. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Gillian and I will be arriving for "Official Pixelmania" some time the morning of the 9th, the earliest we can get a ride from Port Canaveral to Kidani. We fly back home on the 10th at 9PM so we got till about 5PM in the parks on Sunday.

We will also be at Jambo for the night of 12/1, landing at MCO at 8:35AM so we will have a full day to meet up with any of the early arrivals.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Michael... should you update the first post with a list of those who have already chimed in that are attending? Figure name (+ forum name if different), dates of stay and resort... that way any newcomers can see that it's going to be well attended without having to scroll thru the entire thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. donsullivan

donsullivan Member

I’ll be around for MVMCP on Thursday and then joining the festivities starting late on Friday. If I’m not traveling for work that week I may be able to join a couple of nights during the week.

17. crystaljphoto

crystaljphoto Member

I am brand new to this website - but saw about the event on the Institute of Disney Photography Facebook group page and the dates happen to line up with a trip I already had planned - isn't that a happy coincidence! We are in town (Myself - Crystal and my mom Jean) December 2-10 and staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Always exciting to meet up with other photographers!

18. gary

gary Member

welcome crystal, please do stop on by a meet or more, we are a group of photographers pretty into doing it at disney

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome Crystal!

20. Tim

Welcome @crystaljpohoto. We love meeting new friends.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.