PIXELMANIA 2012 - wild africa trek

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Jan 13, 2012.

?

would you be STRONGLY interested in doing the wild africa trek during pixelmania, projected cost per

1. i would do it, prefer 8:45

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. i would do it, prefer 9:30

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. no thanks, i am not interested

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Please consider me as a maybe on the participant list. ; I won't know for sure if I'm going until after the 12th, so don't hold a spot open for me if the group is ready so sign up now. ;

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here is the info on the "Alternative Experience"...

It was set up for anyone that has mobility issue, exceeds the Weight limit or does not meet one of the other restrictions. ; Essentially the first half of the trek is different and then the two experiences meet back up for the second half.

THE FIRST HALF...
    ; ; - private guided walkthrough (with in depth discussion) of Pangani Forest. ; This is approximately 45 to 60 minutes
    ; ; -you will then board the Safari vehicle and follow the traditional Safari tour to the pick up point.
    ; ; -this is where you meet back up with the rest of the Tour Group.

KEY POINTS...
    ; ; - No suspension bridge
    ; ; - Since I will definitely be taking the "Alternate Experience" they will have the extra guide all ready booked. ; That means that anyone else who is unsure can wait until the time of the tour to make that decision (as to test the practice suspension bridge).
    ; ; - would be same price, but having a privately guided tour on Pangani is worth it (too me at least)

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I will step in to book this if everyone is willing to send payment via PayPal. ; I believe the overall cost per person will be $201 ($189 + Tax). ; I can use the extra credit card rewards :) . ; So I think we will need to split the group evenly since we are sitting at eleven people and the earliest tour only had ten open spots.

**there would be a remote possibility of the group (as of 8/2) going in the same tour. ; I will post updates as they occur**

8:45 TOUR:
    ; ; 1) Jeff (Red)- ALT. EXP.
    ; ; 2) Erich - (possible ALT. EXP)
    ; ; 3) Tim
    ; ; 4) Paul
    ; ; 5) John
    ; ; 6) Sue

9:30 TOUR:
    ; ; 1) Karen
    ; ; 2) Gary
    ; ; 3) Michael
    ; ; 4) Jeff (Poly)
    ; ; 5) Dennis
    ; ; 6)

**please do not be upset about the times, as we really needed to split the group so that 1 or 2 are not taking the tour alone.**

I do not have a preference of which time I take, but anyone that is questioning whether they want to go on the "Alternate Experience" or not would need to go at the same time as I do.

I will not be able to book this until Monday, so let me know which time slot you prefer ( not gauranteed since other guests might have booked since last time checked). ; And then once it is booked I will post what the Final Per Person Cost is.

4. ELinder

ELinder Member

8:45 for me, regular tour if possible, alternate at last minute if necessary.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

What is the PayPal address?

6. Paul

Paul Member

0845 please

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

okay, so that would mean that I would need to be on the 8:45 tour as well.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You can send the payment thru paypal to redoctober25@juno.com

I will post the overall "Total per Person" on monday (once I book the tour)

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

let me know as soon as you find out.

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

8:45 for my mom (Sue) and I, and thanks Jeff for stepping up to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

2 questions..

Any AP discounts or can a cast member we know hookus up with any discounts :)

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As far as I know there are no discounts... But I,will ask again when I call. ; Can everyone who has signed up so far reply with the following info...

1) First and Last Name
    2) Food Allergies (if applicable)

There is no discount for DVC, AP or Disney Visa. ; There may be a Cast Member discount, but it would only apply to that Cast Member and their Main Gate Guests. ; They also said that December is typically a blackout date for those or any other discounts (like the current $50 off thru september).

The Cancellation Policy is minimum of two days prior to tour (but figure three days since they go 48 hours back from the start of the tour). ; Also, if any one does need to back out (I will single out Michael since his train trip might still be on) let me know ASAP! ; If our group gets back to just ten, we can rebook into the morning spot and all go together (provided no "outsiders" book between now and then).

Price after Tax is $201, so just send your payment to me as soon as you can. ; You can PayPal me the fee at redoctober25@juno.com

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Jeff, I got some new additional information from one of the managers at the track this morning. If you would, send me a PM with a number that I can reach you at and I will call you with the additional info. It might be well worth it.

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Okay everyone, dont send me anything yet. ; Details to follow once they are available, and then you can send your payments.

15. ELinder

ELinder Member

Any news on whatever's cooking? I'm going out of the country on Monday until almost the end of the month. Not sure how often i'll have Internet access, so sign me up for whenever the group goes and I'll sort the payment as soon as I get back.

Erich

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

No worries. ; I emailed one of the coordinators for the Trek and have not heard back from him yet. ; I am going to email him again when I am back in town on tuesday. ; And will keep everyone updated as details come about.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Still working with Trek Administrator to come up with a great experience. (just posting a quick FYI update)

Sent from my iPhone...

18. ELinder

ELinder Member

Jeff, it looks like you'll be doing the alternate experience without me, just posted in another thread I probably won't be there this year.

Erich

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Sorry to hear that you wont be able to make it. ; As for the Trek, Tim and I are trying to work with the W.A.T. Coordinators on getting everyone on an "alternate" experience.

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Okay, just a quick update. ; Looks like we are one step closer to an awesome and unique experience with the Wild Africa Trek. ; Sounds as if we have 10 spots locked in for a single tour with the possibility of 2 more opening up later. ; That being said, we initially had 11 sign up for the tour but Erich had to back out (per a previous forum post) so we are at our allotted 10. ; I will post another update once everything is finalized and then have you send me payment thru PayPal at that time. ; Thanks for your patience with this.

Redoctober