Pano software for Mac

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Scottwdw, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

For all us Mac users out there. ; Any recommendations for a panoramic stitching program out there? ; No plugins available for Aperture. ; Thanks!

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I tried Calico but it couldn't find a way to attach the two photos I was trying to stitch together. ; I downloaded the demo of Arcsoft's Panorama Maker 5 and this is the result...

[​IMG]

4. Paul

Paul Member

Scott,

This software ; http://echoone.com/DoubleTake/ ; was recommended on the This Week In Photography podcast recently, but I have no idea how well it works. ; Sounds like you can download a trial version though. ; Photoshop Elements is also an option and Adobe just recently announced Photoshop Elements 8 which will be released for both PC & Macs

5. I take it you are not a Adobe Photoshop user. It does a great job! I am looking for a panoramic software that will also animate for I can do virtual scenes of rooms buildings etc. All I can find is PC based.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I saw how Photoshop did it during the workshop but I don't have PS. ; The Panorama Maker 5 software is $79.99 and has versions for both PC and Mac.

7. Paul

Paul Member

Have you seen if Quicktime can do what you want? ; It use to have a VR component to it.

Some tools that might help: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resource ... /qtvr.html

8. I have not looked into Quicktime. I know many of the programs which stitch output to Quicktime. I need to stitch 360 degrees and over the top like a bubble.

9. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice Pano Scott. I checked out the Double Take software Paul suggested & it looks pretty good. Will have to give it a try.

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

I did my first panoramas over the last few days, and tried the programs already mentioned as well as Photoshop CS3. I was surprised at the differing results each program gave. None of them gave me a click and done solution. I settled on using CS3, and having to manually grid distort the resulting image to get rid of the more obvious perspective distortions. Perhaps I was trying to cover too much area in 1 photo, or more probably I just don't know what I'm doing yet.

Anyway, here is the result of a 5 pic pano from a trip to Hoover Dam last week.

Erich

Attached Files: