Opinion: greatest Disney stage show

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

After seeing Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular, I think it is the undisputed heavyweight champ of Disney stage shows. ; Although Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the Musical are great, Aladdin is so much better that I think it's a hands down winner. ; The actor that portrayed Genie was fantastic with some incredibly quick one-liners and ad-libs that rival Robin Williams. ;

What do you folks think? ; And yes, there is a photo gallery coming from Aladdin as well.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Looing forward to both the Aladdin and the Cars Land galleries! ;
    As for the best stage show, I have to throw my vote for Finding Nemo the Musical. ; I say this without ever seeing the Aladdin show and I have heard many say the same thing as you Tim. ; I loved Nemo the first time I saw it, I was amazed that they could turn a no music movie to a stage show. ; Then you add that my friend's little brother gets cast in it, then goes on to be Crush, it has become a must see on every trip. ; I always text Ryan to see his schedule so that we see him in the show. ; My only disappointment is that he may not renew his contract this September, so we may have to go and see him more than once this August!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

After seeing Aladdin this spring... It wins hands down if only for the Genie. ; Ad libs were hilarious and he really played to the audience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. gary

gary Member

to be fair i must reserve final judgement until i have seen aladdin, but as of right now, the clear and undisputed owner of my heart is no less than beauty & the beast. i never tire of seeing this, in fact i usually see it 2-3 or more times per trip, perhaps one day aladdin will surpass it

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The original Fantasmic would like to have a word with you.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I guess you could technically consider fantasmic a stage show. ; But since I have never seen the original I cannot comment on it. ; As a matter of fact, the only time I saw the DL version was with roger in 2007. ; As I recall it was much better than DHS version.