Once Upon a Time...

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Jan 19, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

... Figment wondered when his attraction would return to its original glory. ; So do I. ; I rode this back in 1988 but remember very little of it and hear that it was awesome. ; All I have to compare it the existing ride, which never has a wait of more than 5 minutes, so that says a lot about the lastest version.

[​IMG]
    Once upon a time by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. Pops

Pops Member

Nice shot John,

I only went in the new version once. ; I loved the original and wish it had never left. (But I'm not a big fan of change). ; Anyone have any old pics of the first version?

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Which new one? ; 2.0 or 3.0?

I've been on all three.

Unfortunately in 1998 I didn't know what I was doing or I would have gotten pics. ; I will still using APS at that point, and while I loved my Pronea-6i....it wasn't enough.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The original was the best. ; It really only need a re-hab and not a do over. ; I know they auctioned off the original Dreamfinder vehicle.

They should put the old ride back using today's technology. ; Bet that would be cool. ;

John, you can probably find a ride through on youTube though the video technology back than was not the greatest.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well the Pavilion needs a new sponsor....

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I believe Martin's Videos has a pretty complete ridethrough of the original version.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis, I'll have to check that out when I get home from work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice shot, John! ; I rode this version for the first time during Pixelmania and wasn't impressed with it which explains the short wait time. ; Thanks for the link Dennis. ; I'll have to check out the video of the original. ; I'm sure I saw it as a kid, but don't remember it.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Michael. ; We still ride it probably once each trip, usually to get a break from the heat in the summer.