October

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Zeagle, Mar 15, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

You don't need a costume, Tim!

;)

2. gary

gary Member

hey lady take off the mask, halloween's over

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I missed the memo that declared you two as Cracker Jack prizes.
    :) ;

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Have done "Semi-Costume" and Costume the two times I have gone. ; I say "Semi-Costume" only because I added a lighted hat to what I was wearing. ; The second year the group I went with all dressed up with a Star Wars theme.

5. Paul

Paul Member

All four if us were in costume, but my long jedi robe did not last long in the sweltering "Fall" temperatures!

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

7. allisonjones

allisonjones Member

We will be there!!! ; Love Halloween at Disney World! ; We are actually getting a group together to run the Food & Wine run. ; Let me know if anyone is interested. ; Running and drinking...it's a good combo!!!

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

As a friend of mine said before running his first marathon, "I plan to carbo load before and after the race..." ; ;D

9. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

We're going this year. My wife's family is making their first trip. We'll be there from Thurs 28th-Nov 3rd.

10. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

I am eligible to make dining reservations starting on Saturday. My wife and I have been many times but the rest of her family it will be their first time. We'll be there for six nights.

So far I plan on dining at: Coral Reef, Hoop Dee Doo, Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace (breakfast).

Any other good suggestions for a group of 6 adults? I have never been to Le Cellier, and I've heard it's amazing.

11. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Stryker...Le Cellier is my favorite. ; I try to get a reservation there every time I go. ; Whispering Canyon Cafe is really fun with a group as well and it's nice, just to go over there and wander around the Wilderness Lodge.

You might want to start a new thread specifically for people's opinion on dining. ; Bet you'll get a lot of responses. ; People are passionate about their food.

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

I"ll vote for Le Cellier too. ; That's by far my favorite restaurant. ; I also like the atmosphere at the Whispering Canyon. ; The food is good there too, but I'm still disappointed that they took the turkey legs off of the menu. ; We ate at Ohana when I was there in January and was impressed with the food there as well.

13. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

So pumped! I called last night and booked: Coral Reef, Hoop Dee Doo, Liberty Tree, Le Cellier (Lunch), and Crystal Palace (breakfast). We got everything we wanted. :)

Le Cellier was booked solid for dinner so we settled for lunch which is fine.

14. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Cool!

15. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! ;

Le Cellier fills up quickly for dinner. ; I've found that the best way to get in is to use the online reservation system first thing in the morning 180 days out.

16. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

Has anyone been down there before for the food and wine festival? What events should we make sure to hit?

17. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I haven't done any events other than the concerts. ; I just like to browse the food booths and try new things. ; I'm really happy that my family trip in November starts on the last weekend of Food & Wine and features one of my favorite bands, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy!

Here's my favorite tip: ; When you get to Epcot, buy a gift card (they have small ones on wristbands) and pre-fill it with your Food & Wine budget. ; It makes paying for your food a whole lot easier.

18. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

Bummer I haven't seen BBVD in years. I saw them three times when they came to AC, and even hung out with them after one of the concerts. They'll be there a week after we'll be there.

19. Stryker412

Stryker412 Member

Has anyone eaten at Teppan Edo?

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Tehran Esp is a great place eat. ; Just keep in mind that if your party is small you will be sitting with others at your table. ; All in all the show they put on makes for an awesome dining experience, especially if you have never been to a restaurant like it before.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk