Ocean waves?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I just love being on a cruise, and a Disney Cruise only makes it that much better. ; One of my favorite things to do is walk on deck 4 and take some pics. ; This is one of the waves (more like ripples) ; made by the ship while at sea.

Attached Files:

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

If you make that same walk at night, the light of the ship will show that the "waves" are MUCH bigger! ; They slow down during the day so the ship doesn't pitch as much, but at night they speed up and make some big "ripples" ;)

Nice shot by the way! ; I love the water color down there.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks! ; We are doing it again next summer so I will give the night shot a try. ; Here are two with more "rough" waves from 2008.

Attached Files:

4. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I enjoyed that too! ; It's even nice from Deck 10. :) ; Nice abstract shots, John.

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Love the big blue!

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks!!!! ;

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yep...I do that myself! ; Love watching the waves and wake, and shooting it too, especially as it changes mood. ; Here, a happy sunset wake, with a little wind-driven golden mist:
    [​IMG]

Here, a much angrier towering sea which was breaking off the bow a full 5 decks high:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of my favorite cruise/water shots...the sunset wake:
    [​IMG]

I take that one on pretty much every cruise!

8. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Hmmm, think I need another cruise already. :D

9. zackiedawg

Me too. ; Fortunately, I've got a 10-day southern Caribbean booked for Oct. 29. ; :)

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Justin, love the first one with the mist and the sunset wake! ; Awesome shots!

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work everyone! ; Justin, that mist shot is awesome!

12. HW

HW Member

agree. the mist one is great

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Man I wish I could take that much time off. ; They won't let us take more than a week at a time. ; But am looking forward to my next cruise (whenever it may be). ; Awesome shots though. ; The sunset waves almost look like an oil slick reflecting the oranges and browns...

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

14. zackiedawg

It's not real easy for me to take a 10-day vacation - that is pushing the maximum for my job too. ; I can get away with it by booking 10-day cruises that go over 2 weekends, so I'm only having to take 6 days off of work, and I also bring my netbook with me so I can still take some time on the ship to access e-mail and follow up on some clients - make sure everything's hunky dory at the office (I remote into my office computer so I can print stuff for coworkers to mail out for me, and can access the client database and such).

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It would be nice to be able to do something like that (remote office), but I don't think the ship would let me bring thousands of dollars worth of drugs on board to fill for patients. ; Actually, if my coworkers are extra nice we can swing almost two weeks out of a one week vacation (but it requires working a 51 hour work week on either side of vacation). ; I was able to do it when I had Temp help, but not so much anymore. ; All I can say is that my first cruise last year went way to fast.