Non-Pixelmania Days

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Nancy AK, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I arrive on the 2nd and leave the 11th. If anyone wants to hang out those non-Pixelmania days? I’m thinking about doing a few of the resorts for photos, Wilderness Lodge and a Grand Floridian for sure and maybe going on the 3rd for Epcot EMH(till 1130pm).

2. I'll have my husband with me on those days so I'll be hanging out with him. I was shocked when he said he wants to do the photography stuff so I'm rolling with him.

~J

3. gary

gary Member

i arrive in 12/3, michael and i are eating dinner at disney springs, i believe around 6:30 but we probably could be talked into coming over to mk after that

i meant epcot for emh

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    mSummers and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

**insert snarky comment about arriving waaaay earlier than everyone else**

but I’d probably be up for dinner at the springs if we are making an impromptu “pre-meet pre-meet”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. gary

gary Member

join us tuesday, i will have a car we can pick you up, kidani??

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I can just meet you all down there... but yes, I’ll be at Kidani at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I arrive on 12/3 and will be at AK from late afternoon until evening. Photographing the new projections on the Tree of Life around 8ish.

Is anyone up for Extra Early Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios to try and get on Smuggler's Run on Wednesday, December 4th? I believe it's 6am and will have to arrive at the gate earlier than that. I am guessing the buses are running for this. Anyone know?

Nancy AK likes this.
  8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I wasn't aware of EEMH in December. Do you have some inside information that's not on the WDW web site yet? Regardless, I'm up for the Falcon any day, any time.

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nope, I am assuming they will extend it. Rise of the Resistance does open on the 5th so they may not have them that week with media stuff and such probably going on. Just be my luck. :oops:

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

We'll see. We're inside the 30-day window, so that generally means that the park hours are pretty much nailed down. That doesn't mean they can't change their mind, but it's more likely they'll turn on the boarding pass system.

11. For those staying at Plop Century, the gondolas MAY NOT be operating until either 8 or 8:30 in the morning. That's how they are running now.

Everyone's going to have to pay special attention to the current state of transportation if one hopes to make the extra magic hours at any given Park.

Depending upon how I feel after dinner, I might be going over to the Magic Kingdom after dinner on Wednesday to hit the extra magic hours OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT .

Magic Kingdom is in "pain in the ass mode" with all the Christmas parties so I'm thinking if I have a free evening, I better get my butt over there.

~J.

Nancy AK likes this.
  12. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Is it worth visiting other resorts for photos of the trees? I was thinking Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian and maybe Boardwalk? Thank you

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Animal Kingdom Lodge has an amazing tree with tribal masks, birdhouses, bead animals and such. If you are Tree hopping resorts, I’d be sure to stop in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy AK likes this.
  14. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Thank you. Not sure how many resorts I’ll be able to fit in. I’m going to try to tie a Resort in with a park, maybe AK Lodge with AK.

15. gary

gary Member

you want to come over to yacht club and beach club, the train set in yacht club is incredible, and grand floridian has a full shed size gingerbread house that they sell snacks out of in the lobby

Nancy AK likes this.
  16. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

thank you. Is there a walkway from Epcot to YC/BC?

17. gary

gary Member

yes, great britain on your right, do not go left over the bridge to france, keep walking towards the international gateway, passing a store on the right by the turnstiles, after the entrance just follow the path past the friendship dock, under the cable for the sweaty little metal sky boxes, the first resort on the right is beach club, next yacht club, dolphin, swan and around to boardwalk, which you will see directly across crescent lake from beach club, you can also walk left around the lake, towards espn club

they all have pretty good lobby displays, i am partial to yacht club, then beach club

Nancy AK likes this.
  18. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Thank you. I’m putting them on my list!