New or Classic Disney Movies?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rosyrain, May 4, 2014.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

With all the new technology Disney movies almost look life like now. It feels weird watching the old classics. Which do you prefer?

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

I personally like both the new and classic Disney movies, each for different reasons. The classics are just timeless and well written. The new movies are entertaining for the eyes because all the new technology we have these days. I am excited to see Maleficent this month. I love how Disney is using this great fantasy with such a great actress. What do you guys think? :)

[​IMG]

3. terryp

terryp Member

I have a certain respect for the classic hand-drawn Disney movies. Don't get me wrong, I know the CGI takes lots of talent and time as well, but the hand-drawn movies have a very distinct charm to them. Especially since Disney movies are always animated so well.

4. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

I personally enjoy the classics. Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Bambi. Though with two young kids on my house, we usually end up watching the newer movies. Up, Toy Story, Cars and the like. Don't get me wrong, I think the modern movies are wonderful, but the classics are from my childhood and hold a special place in my heart!

5. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

Oy, this is a difficult question! I respect and truly find the classic to be inspirational. They are the movies that helped make what Disney is today. However, with the amazing technology that we have today, I find the newer movies to be phenomenal. The amount of effects such as explosions, magic and more that we view nowadays is quite amazing and has it's own inspiration to obsess over. So I guess I'm more neutral. I can't decide! Obviously when I introduce my future children to Disney, I'll start them with the classical movies because it's tradition. :)

6. g2narat

g2narat Member

I enjoy old Disney movies. That being said, I prefer the new ones. The reason is that new ones have more interesting characters in my opinion. Old ones were mostly typical fairy tales while the new ones are much more exciting. :)

7. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

I'm a 90s kid, so I enjoy my "classic" Disney movies ,(even though to older folks that probably aren't exactly considered classic), and the actual classics (Snow White, etc) but I love seeing what new movie ideas the studio comes up with and watching the new ones as well!

8. malia

malia Member

I definitely like the classics better just because I think that they focused more on making the story lines great than worrying about the technology like it is today. The new movies may look better but the songs/ stories are not better than the classics. And I also think that the new stories make the movies seem to adult with out the childish jokes that are just "jokes" with out a deeper meaning behind them.

9. Youtuber1320

Youtuber1320 Member

My favorite classic Disney Movie of all time would have to be between Pinocchio and Beauty and the Beast: great stories, great characters, timeless songs, bright and happy moments, but also dark and creepy moments in both. They are pillars in animation I could never get tired of watching them :)

10. megara

megara Member

I really love the originality of the newer Disney movies. Now we have Disney movies that move past all the old cliches like Frozen and Brave. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney movies like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, but I'm so happy we have really great female characters like Elsa who learn more than just how to find a guy ;)

11. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

I love the original stories before Disney got a hold of them. All the grim tales. The ones where murder was acceptable. I do appreciate that Disney made it more kid friendly. Especially something like sleeping beauty.

12. megara

megara Member

You know, I never realized just how dark some of those stories actually were. I read the originally Little Mermaid story and was stunned! My childhood was ruined haha. Some of the original French stories are very dark as well. It's worth looking into if you're a fan, the stories might surprise you.

13. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

I like both as well. It seems as though the classics and the new movies have great entertainment value. The classics bring me back to my childhood, while the new ones mesmerize me with all the new technology.

14. Dez97

Dez97 Member

I like some of the New Disney movies, but I'm really more of a classic Disney fan. Like who can forget about snow white? sleeping beauty? etc. Their the first to come to mind when you want to tell your kids a bed time story at nights.

15. urRei

urRei Member

The Disney Classics have my heart.

All the new Disney movies are also great and fun to watch, but I can connect more with the Classics because I have seen them so many times in my childhood years. Truth be told, the Classics played a vital role in the shaping of our dreams and aspirations. As we grew up, we imagined having our own prince charming and castle-like home, a fairytale ending, and more.

16. firelily99

firelily99 Member

I do enjoy the new movies but I really love the classics. I grew up on Disney movies that were not classics when I saw them. They are classics now which means I am getting too old!

17. Reeyuru

Reeyuru Member

I personally really prefer the 2D style over 3D. I just like the hand-drawn style. It has always impressed me. 3D is nice too but it just isn't as appealing to me. The classics will always have a place in my heart but that might just be my nostalgia talking.

18. Aprax

Aprax Member

I like the classic Disney movies more. I haven't really kept up with a lot of the recent Disney movies apart from Frozen and some others and I guess I'm just used to the old style.

19. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

I love both classics and the new movies! I think that, in the last few years, I always liked classics more by far, but recently, newer movies have been getting better! I think that recently the newer movies have been getting better soundtracks, shown by Frozen, the latest hit. I think that the classics had better plot, setting, and such though.

20. Cookyes

Cookyes Member

I prefer the older Disney movies while I agree with previous comments that older Disney movies are grim the newer movies are no better. For example "Up" takes a very touchy subject such as miscarriage and places it in a "kid-friendly" movie. Older movies had a bit more containment in what it showed younger ones. I feel that while not all older Disney movies are not seen in a bright eye, I feel the newer movies should be looked at closely as well. Now they pretend they will curse and get hit or cut off. That's my own opinion not to tell anyone eles how to view it one way or the other.