My One Day DL Trip

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Paul, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Paul

Paul Member

I was able to make a sidetrip to DL on a recent business trip, it was a cool day and breezy day and that could explain the minimal crowds ; at park opening, at least here in Frontierland...

2. gary

gary Member

not bad perks it seems for having to travel for business, all i ever got out of that was a tour of new york's famous walled joints, you know, attica, dannemora, auburn, napanoch, green haven, sing sing, etc

3. Paul

Paul Member

I'll take it while I can get it. ; Here is my first HDR test with Photomatix trial with default settings

[attachment deleted by admin]

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Egads, they just had a mini-heat wave. ; And sent it east. ; OTOH, there isn't much for the locals in Frontierland first thing in the AM. ; Most of them will head for Fantasyland, or to Critter Country through Adventureland first thing. ; If not Tom Morrow's land. ; You gotta be the first one to see ASIMO! ; :D

5. Roger

Did you go on IASW Under New Management?

6. Pinballpauly

Pinballpauly Member

Love the 'ghost town' shot. I always wanted a shot like that, hopefully I will get lucky on my next trip in may...... Nice work on the island shot too.

7. Paul

Paul Member

Roger, you are right on, I think most folks went to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. ; Fantasyland was packed all day with long waits. ; The park itself was very crowded in the afternoon. ; Did not get to IASW, the wait was close to an hour and I did not feel like standing around for that long.

8. Roger

Wow, the more things change the more they stay the same! ; Partially I know that it's because the locals know that all of Fantasyland shuts down for the fireworks (like Toontown, which won't even reopen even if the park is open til midnight), so it's usually the first place people go to. ; BTMRR isn't as much of a draw anymore for the locals.

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

nice hdr shot!

10. Paul

Paul Member

Thanks Craig, I need to look at the instructions and demos to see how I can actually make some adjustments rather than just sending Photmatix some files and getting a quick HDR back.

11. Paul

Paul Member

Roger, Have a great time in DL!

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice shots Paul. I am thinking about trying out this Photomatix. What's your thoughts?

13. Paul

Paul Member

Thanks Cooleo. ; Like I said, I need to play with it and try to vary the settings. ; I just downloaded the FREE trial last night and it installed easily including the Lightroom Plug-in. ; Very easy to select your photos in LR and send to Photomatix. ; It then re-imports the final image back into LR.

14. Paul

Paul Member

Pirates

15. Paul

Paul Member

hidden mickey?

16. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

I wish I could make that work! ; I suggested a seminar in Orlando to my boss today. ; He approved the session in Philly :) ;

Bob