More shots of a shiny, new EPCOT Center

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by ddindy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I've been posting more scans from my visit to EPCOT Center in November, 1982. ; It's amazing to see how it's the same, yet very different.

The Odyssey restaurant and the Mexico pavilion.
    [​IMG]
    Mexican Odyssey

The paint scheme on the Mexico pavilion has obviously changed over the years.
    [​IMG]
    Mexico pavilion, 1982

You could actually see the American Adventure from across the lagoon before they built the America Gardens Theatre.
    [​IMG]
    A view of all nations, but mostly America

The landscape looks strangely bare around the UK pavilion. ; There aren't that many trees and the International Gateway and Boardwalk resorts haven't been built yet.
    [​IMG]
    Magnificent desolation

This is a classic view that hasn't changed much.
    [​IMG]
    Classic Epcot shot

The Dreamfinder and Figment would not appear here for another four months.
    [​IMG]
    No Dreamfinder yet

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks for sharing these Dennis! ; I enjoyed seeing these over at Flickr too. ; Being as my first trip to EPCOT was in 1988 and not becoming a regular vistor until 1999, this is something I never saw or have memories of. ; This is great!!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I do have memories of this as I think we were there the following summer. ; I love seeing these, so keep them coming.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Good stuff, Dennis. ; Thanks for sharing. ; Mexico has never looked better.

5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Thanks for sharing these. ; Amazing how much is still the same and how much has changed.

6. ddindy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

WOW, I had forgotten that place used to not be blue and multi-colored.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks for sharing, Dennis! ; As I mentioned on Flickr, while I don't remember the original weathered look of the Mexico Pavilion, I greatly prefer it to the current look.

9. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Great series. This made me go back to my father's slide scans from the mid 80s and give them a new look.

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

good call, michael. ; i know i have some OLD 35mm pics in a box somewhere that might need to be scanned. ;

11. ddindy

I've been scanning my own, but I intend to send them all to Scancafe for a professional job Real Soon Now.

You can see everything I've posted from that day in 1982 in my EPCOT Center, November 1982 set on Flickr.

There's also a few shots and discussion in the Epcot when it was new thread.