MK - Main Street USA

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by ddindy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

You may think that Main Street has no attractions. In fact, Main Street IS an attraction. Post your photos here, from the train station to Casey's and the Plaza.

2. ddindy

Watching Charlie work wonders with glass is always fun and entertaining. On a cold day, you look forward to him opening the glass furnace! Here he's starting work on what will become a very pretty bowl.

[​IMG]
    Blow, blow, blow your bowl

3. Great as always, Dennis. I like how you got the tools and time clock in the background. Where does this guy do his thing? The Crystal Arts shop?

I agree with your statement about Main St being an attraction. I recently finished a photobook from our first trip to Disneyland. I came close to physical sickness during the editing process because I neglected Main St so much photo wise. No matter which park we're at, Main St is a gold mine of Disney-ness like no other. We're going to Orlando in July, and I'll be mining heavily. ;)

4. ddindy

Thanks, Peter. Yes, you can find Charlie at the back of the Crystal Arts shop. If he's not working, there's usually a sign saying when the next demonstration is. There's a side entrance to the shop off of Center Street right next to his work area.

I hope you're feeling a bit better. ;)

rickenmartin78 likes this.
  5. ddindy

6. Josef Wagner

Josef Wagner Member

Town Square is our favorite place in the Parks. We sometimes come in the Morning and sit on the veranda for 2 hours, just watching people come into the Magic Kingdom.

Attached Files:

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool look at Town Square Josef!

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot Dave! And I would say that they are still on Main Street (unless there is someone here that knows what that part of the road is called)

10. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks John! I was just joking about the location. Dennis just had a very specific definition of Main Street USA at the beginning of this thread...

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I see! Still ok in my book!

12. Josef Wagner

Josef Wagner Member

The angle captured the movement and color just right. Nice shot.

13. Josef Wagner

Josef Wagner Member

14. Josef Wagner

Josef Wagner Member

Main St USA is one of our favorite areas in the Parks

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice shot Josef! I like the feel to it, makes it feel like any street, then there is the Castle! Well done!

And welcome to the forums!!! Good to have you here!

16. ddindy

Don't worry, @ExploringWDW; the Trolley Show is definitely a Main Street attraction. That part of the street is what I consider a limbo area; it can be considered both Main Street and Hub.

I was there for this show, just farther away since I was running a bit behind. Nice shot, though I would have titled it "Deodorant check." ;)

And not to leave out @Josef Wagner, that's a nice shot you have there, too.

RedOctober25 and ExploringWDW like this.
  17. ddindy

Speaking of the Trolley Show, here's one of the dancers in Town Square on a beautiful spring morning, dancing in the sunshine with her eyes closed. (To be specific, it was taken about 15 minutes after the shot by @ExploringWDW above.)

[​IMG]
    Dancing in the sun

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Uptown Jewelers handheld dusk shot:
    [​IMG]