Memory Cards

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by mainstreet1997, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Hmm.. the most extreme example yet I've seen of the phenomenon of SD cards being priced lower than CF. ; $40 versus $55. ; That's original price, and then the SD Extreme III cards have a higher rebate as well.

End result is a per unit cost of $27 instead of 8 for those of us using the older and more well established standard. ; Okay, Amazon has a cheaper price, the per unit cost goes down to $21.

Grumble. ; For those interested in going big, it looks like Amazon has prices that would let you get three 16GB Extreme III CF cards for $49 a piece after rebate. ; That's not incredible, but it's a decent price for high performance and high capacity storage.

Or if you want to go REALLLLLY big.. There's a 3 pack of 32gb Extreme III cards for $600. ; Which leads to per unit cost after rebate of $133.

Eh.. I just thought it was interesting seeing a 3 pack of such a large card. ; That was the only Amazon result I got when searching for 32 gig Extreme III cards.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

got a link for the amazon 16gb, dan?

3. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

4. Dan

Dan Member

Woops. ; I saw that list of retailers too. ; I just didn't think to look up Amazon.