March Break for USA Schools

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Millsy, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Millsy

Millsy Member

Does anyone know when this takes place? ; I have searched but am having no real luck...any info would be good...as I am thinking I might have to change our dates....

2. highland3

highland3 Member

It seems like the breaks are all over the road.

When we were down (DW not DL) we went the week before Ontario's March Break and there were no problems with crowds. ; Even by our second weekend... the only problem was... CHEERLEADERS! ; They were everywhere, by the hundreds. ;

U.S. folks seem to refer to it more as Spring Break, since it's so spread out.

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

March/Winter break depending on the school district can be from mid-Feb to mid-April.

4. amw

amw Member

Like everyone else said, it's all over the board ... some like to give the week before or after Easter as their "spring" break. Sometimes they give that as well as President's week in February.

Last year, we went the last week in April because Easter was in March. It ended up being spring break for all of North Eastern US. ; :mad:

The key is to have a plan, and get to the parks early. It's still better than July. ; ;)

5. amw

amw Member

I just realized you were planning a trip to Disneyland. ; :p

We went there on our March Break 2 years ago and it was dead! Most Americans (and Cdns) will head to Florida for Spring Break. The weather was still beautiful, but you needed a jacket first thing in the morning and when the sun went down.

Disneyland tends to be more of a local California park, so avoid their school holidays ... generally the week before and after Easter. I'll see if I can find something more concrete.

Usually, you can tell how busy it will be by the hours Disney posts. Extended hours means extended crowds.

6. amw

amw Member

7. Millsy

Millsy Member

Thanks for everyone's input...after doing some research we have changed our vacation dates...(yes I had to tell the other half) lol ; we are now going from feb 19 to feb 26...works out well as it is even a little bit cheaper for hotel! ;

8. highland3

highland3 Member

Hey, cheaper is better... and you get there earlier!!!