Marceline Missouri Trip

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Pops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Pops

Pops Member

I just returned home from a three-week road trip to visit as many western National Parks as possible. ; My first trip after leaving home was a stop at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum in Marceline Missouri.

Although the town is somewhat isolated, I found the people to be very friendly and helpful. ; Although Walt and his family only lived in town from 1904 to 1909 where he grew from four to almost nine, he is quoted as saying some of his best days were spent there.

The old train station has been meticulously restored as the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. ; I spent four hours there and was blessed to be led around by Mrs. Inez Johnson. ; She is a delightful lady and a wealth of knowledge on the Disney family. ; She is the only person I have met who knew Walt and Roy personally and had them stay at her house on several occasions when visiting Marceline. ; You can read my entire account of the visit at www.garryrollins.com on Day #2, August 22, 2013 of the blog.

If ever in north central Missouri, I recommend you stop by the Museum and allow Inez to tell you about Walt's early days in Marceline. ; Tell her I said Hi. ; waltdisneymuseum.org

[​IMG]
    IMG_3331 by Garry Rollins, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_3403 by Garry Rollins, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_3438 by Garry Rollins, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Walt Disney Boyhood Farm by Garry Rollins, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_3427 by Garry Rollins, on Flickr

2. thewuf

thewuf Member

Very cool! I enjoyed the read and photos. Thanks!