magic express and packing luggage ques

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ariel2, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

How does magic express work with luggage when you come back?

How many suitcases /bags do you usually have? Do you do laundry? Are you ever overweight for the bags?

2. You typically bring your own luggage on ME unless you do resort airline check in (which I would recommend). If you check in for your flight at your resort, you check your luggage at that time as well and don't see it until your destination. ; We have a family of five and usually bring three bags plus carry on's. We have been slightly overweight a few times but have managed to move stuff around and make everything fit.

We typically don't do laundry although now that we stay DVC, we have that option in our rooms as we usually stay in a one bedroom. I just really don't want to spend valuable vacation time doing laundry but that is just me.

3. scratch

scratch Member

As for # of bags, depends on the airline you are flying with!LOL ; Usually have one within another for the trip down so that I have an extra suitcase for souvies and shopping! but only if we are flying Southwest. ; Otherwise, it's just one suitcase per person.

Am also DVC so I do utilize free laundry. ; If in the unit, do a load before I go to bed or if in studio, wait until last day so that I don't have to worry about laundry when I get back to reality.

Coming home, you will receive a letter letting you know when you have to have your luggage to Bell Services and what time your Bus will be leaving. ; It's usually 3 - 4 hours before your flight. ; If you are leaving latter in the day, you take what luggage needs to make it on the plane, then you can leave your carryon stuff with Bell Services until you are ready to leave for the airport and hopefully have time to go to another park for a few hours.

It's an easy peasy system.

4. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

Thank you!

Is bell service the front desk? Or you call them. Our flight is in the morning, so guessing we won't have time for a park.

5. scratch

scratch Member

Depends on which resort you are staying at. ; But all the information that you need will be in that letter.

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Just a note Airline check in at the resort is only for flights in the US and only certain airlines. If your worried about your bags being overweight when you get to the airport you can get them weighed at Bell Services if you need to adjust the weight between suitcases or buy another bag you can do so before you get to the airport at that point your stuck.