Lights! Motors! Action! (1 pic)

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Kelly Grannell, Nov 26, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

I've shown you mine, now show me yours! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. barrie

barrie Member

OK - Here's one of mine Kelly. I was way more impressed by this show than I thought I would be. It was really fun. Barrie

[​IMG]

3. Too bad I didn't realize until its too late that the best angle to take the last scene is actually from the left-most area of the audience, approximately 5 seats from the front.

4. whitewatersf

whitewatersf Member

Kelly - Nice finle car jump shot. Here are three of mine covering the basics of the show; cars, bikes, and stuntmen.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

5. SteveN73

SteveN73 Member

Great pics, you've nicely captured the action.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Can I play too?

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

7. joedisney

joedisney Member

Nice work guys!
    Heres mine, our hero doing a little drifting!
    [​IMG]

8. Nice angle, Joedisney!

9. joedisney

joedisney Member

Thank you, I can never time out the action here quite well, guess I gotta try harder next time.

10. Dan

Dan Member

This is the only one I have even vaguely unique compared to what's already been posted.

Ya'know, forget the Richard Petty Driving Experience.. just give me a shot behind the wheel of those vehicles. I saw a special on them, I know what kind of controls the drivers have, and how they rebuilt the cars for the demands of stunt racing. I'd love to know what those cars feel like to drive. I mean they have six gears forwards AND reverse. All controlled by a very unique variant of the sequential shifter that many higher end race cars have.
    And the best part.. because they stripped out the air conditioning system to save weight the drivers wear a liquid cooling vest, connected to some sort of cold reservoir in the car that circulates cold liquid around their chest. As someone who dislikes hot weather I sure wish my car had one of those.

11. mcpaul

mcpaul Member

This is one of the few attractions we have never done - love the pics, we will do this one next time if only to try doing some action shots!!!

12. ilene

ilene Member

The first time we saw this show, we weren't impressed with it. Perhaps it had something to do with sitting about as far away from the action as possible. We saw it again last week, and were sitting much closer and we enjoyed it more. Here are some photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Tim

barrie,
    i think i am going to have to see this one again and sit a lot closer. only time we saw it was in 2005 and we were about 1/2 way up on the right side.... time for some better seats, i agree.

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

My stop action pano...

[​IMG]

And another couple I liked...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Tim

nice shots, jeff. cool stuff.

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I love the speed of dSLR cameras. I almost missed the grand finale! The first time I saw this show, they were still working on it so they told you when it was coming. I was a bit surprised when it just happened but I was able to get the shot thanks to the speed of the camera and lens. These are staight out of the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tim

i definitely need to see this show again... i've only seen it once and now that i have an idea of what to expect...time to get crackin'...

18. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

The last time we saw the show, I watched and Dina took the camera. Here are the pictures she took during the show. They are different point of view than the ones I always take!

19. Tim

she's got a good eye, also. nice bunch of scenic pics...

20. goofy101

goofy101 Member