Just booked 2 trips!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by jbwolffiv, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I was pysched after getting off the phone with Member Services today. ; Going to Kidani Village for 9 nights starting August 6th and then doing 5 nights next December at Bay Lake Tower from the 28th until January 2! ; Going to brave the New Years Eve crowds!

Feels real good to have the next trip (trips) planned!

Let me know if any of you might be around at those times, we can connect and maybe do some shooting together!

2. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

You are VERY VERY brave....couldnt pay me to be there over New Years...although my inlaws go EVERY year from the 26th to the 3rd.....Congrats on the trips to look forward to- all mine are in the rear view mirror... ; ::)

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You are out of your mind going over New Year's. ; Did it in 2004. ; Took 45 minutes go get from train station to Caseys Corner. ; Never again.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ugh! ; New Year at Disney. ; I'd say good for you, because it is cooler than watching at home, but at the same time, you may not want to do it ever again. ; Check it off the bucket list, then throw the bucket away!

5. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I envy you John. Well, sorta. New Year at WDW is something I definitely want to check out. July 4th too. Not sure how much the crowds would bother me, just have to have the right mindset I guess. Definitely would not be a family trip for us!

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have been there once for New Years but stayed at Pop and we bailed at 9:30 when it started to become nuts. ; This year we will be somewhere in the back of the park, and not leave right away. ; Just a short walk from gate to Bay Lake. ; Now the time it takes to get to the gate, that is another story. ; But they are making those paths behind Main Street, not sure what effect if any that will be. ;

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Forget MK, go to the Studios. ; It's one of the rare times when they have fireworks. ; At least that's what I hear.

There's no way I'd go anywhere near the place during the holidays, especially after seeing all of the tweets this past year. ; MK traffic lined up past Epcot? ; No thanks.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Heard MK closed between 930 and 11 am this year on 12/31. ; Epcot never closes. ; At least it never has.

But it is crazy.

9. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I did 4th of July in 1974 ; :eek: most afraid I ever been in a theme park..thats saying alot-I wasnt afraid of much back then...lol..( It was gridlock at the hub for nearly two hours- and that was by 6 that evening....we left before the fireworks- went to the Poly Beach-

Enjoy and have the tale to tell about it...brave one.. :D