Journey into...dusk orange skies

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Mar 4, 2014.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Caught a lovely post-sunset sky over Journey into Imagination on a nice, cool evening at Epcot in January - coming out of the Innoventions building:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    PolynesianMedic likes this.
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Whoa, that is one nice sky. ; Good job, Justin.

3. Pops

Pops Member

Fantastic shot Justin. ; The sky and fountain colors really complement each other.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Missed this one yesterday Justin, great shot. ; I love how the orange works from the lower left of the the sky and spreads out from there. ; Nice grab!

5. zackiedawg

Thanks all. ; For full disclosure, I was waiting for blue hour, just around sunset I decided to hit the restroom...figuring actual blue hour was still 15-30 minutes away. ; It was an overcast sunset and not very nice color so I didn't figure I was missing much. ; When I came out of the restroom, I saw this sky - this last little gasp of sunlight was casting a beautiful orange that wasn't there during the sunset itself...and the overcast clouds were high and rippled as it was a cold front and dropping to the 40s that night. ; Lucky timing too - 5 minutes later, all the color was gone...5 minutes before, it wasn't there.

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

wow, that is beautiful! what a great night in epcot!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Awesome sky, Justin. ; I would like to see the shadows in the foreground opened up a little bit to show a tiny bit more detail. ; What software do you process with?

8. zackiedawg

I actually never bothered to process it...it's right from the camera. ; I do have a version though with much more of the foreground detail, as I took the shot with in-camera HDR at 4-stops - to my eye it looked a little too strong on the HDR and I went with the non-HDR one here...but I can do a quick stack of the HDR and non-HDR, and it would probably be a good balance between the two.

9. Just sick! ; :-*

Notice the triangle in the sky that compliments the pavilion!

10. zackiedawg

Nice observation Peter - never noticed that! Sorry didn't respond earlier...I just re-found this post after the forum mergers!

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is an AWESOME shot Justin! Great catch.

12. zackiedawg

Thanks Jeff. As you know, Florida does this for us during those cold fronts coming through in winter...we just have to be there with our camera at the right time!