Journey in the Blue Hour

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Sep 29, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

A couple shots from last week's trip that I lucked into during blue hour - I didn't actually PLAN blue hour shooting, but was actually intending to do night shooting...but since I had the tripod and the sun had just set, the blue hour was on, and I was able to set up for a couple shots of Journey into Imagination pavilion which works nicely due to the blue and purple lighting of the pyramids. ; I used in-camera HDR set to 3 stops:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

oooooh nice shots Justin!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Extremely nice!

Sent from my iPad

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Super work, really diggin the second one!

5. zackiedawg

Thanks guys. ; Next time we do blue hour shooting in Pixelmania, I definitely don't want to miss it! ; I hadn't thought about it or planned ahead this time, but when it struck I realized I should have planned more shooting then. ; But still, I enjoyed the night shooting later that evening, so it was still worthwhile.

6. gary

gary Member

those 2 shots are so good that i'm sold on feeding the tapeworm at lunch in favor of blue hour shooting during what would normally be dinner time

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I suggest golden/blue hour shoots over and over and everyone ignores me. ; Justin posts a couple fantastically beautiful shots, and you're all on board.

Whatever it takes. ; ;)

8. zackiedawg

I've always loved the blue hour shoot idea...I just always get distracted by dinner plans, or a show scheduled at the same time, or something else. ; I think we got a little bit of it in last time at AK...ad going back a few Pixelmanias I think we managed a bit of blue hour shooting around World Showcase. ; I'm definitely up for it though this time - at least at one of the parks on one of the nights, even if not Epcot.

I've gotten some nice blue hour shots at MK...and a few at DHS once...so all the parks can be good for blue hour!