Islands of Adventure - Toon Lagoon

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Photos' started by ddindy, May 21, 2024.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I don't know about you, but every trip through Toon Lagoon brings back childhood memories of reading the latest daily adventures in the "Funny Pages" of the newspaper. Kids today don't know what any of those words mean, so here's a place to educate them with your photos.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The Rocky & Bullwinkle show was a must-see for me. The scripts contained the right combination of corny jokes and over-my-head satire. The voice actors were all legends: Paul Frees, June Foray, William Conrad, Hans Conried and Edward Everett Horton. Each show featured two episodes of the title characters and filled the gap between them with two shorts from the repertory company featuring history lessons from Peabody & Sherman, the mis-adventures of Mountie Dudley Do-Right plus Fractured Fairy Tales and fables retold by Aesop and Son. The latter is memorialized in Toon Lagoon with a re-creation of the title sequence. Aesop has finished the delicate work of etching his name in stone with a hammer and small chisel; then his son comes along and uses a jack-hammer to sign his own name.

[​IMG]
    Famous Storytellers