Hyperlapse in July 2015

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by rickenmartin78, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Staying at YC in July. I was already going to try my hand at a walking manual hyperlapse of the trip from YC to the International Gateway. Then this little baby showed up from the good folks at Disney Parks:

So...I'm pretty stoked about trying other locations for this technique. What are some locations where YOU would like to see this done?

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think the parades would look cool in hyper lapse. I have not used that myself, but I did find another app for my iPhone that does something similar. Here is a video I took while driving, 30 minutes of driving in about 60 seconds...

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Cool ideas...never thought of trying one myself - don't know if I could be patient enough to hold a phone or camera up that long...I guess GoPro helmets and such would make it easier. A cool one to me would be walking from inside the Wilderness Lodge to the boat docks, and riding the boat into MK, maybe coming up the Main Street corridor to end it.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I know, right. At least for mine It was in a phone stand on my dash... No hands required.

5. Cool vid, Red.

Everything I've seen says that you wouldn't have a chance of getting smooth "video" in post if you hand held all the shots. Therefore I'm planning to use a tripod. So if you see a weirdo shooting, moving tripod, shooting, moving tripod...you'll know what's up.

Shooting a parade like this would be great. Mmmm.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Cool videos. I remember seeing a video of a guy moving through EPCOT that appeared to be done like this. In the video he appeared to glide through the park because they always shot him standing still.