How busy is early October?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by archdandy, May 24, 2012.

1. archdandy

archdandy Member

For those of you who have gone in early October, how are the crowds? Thanksgiving this year falls on October 8 and I wanted to know if that would factor in to the crowds? Are there any other holidays or events that would affect the crowds from October 5-12? Thanks!

2. ayesell

ayesell Member

We were only there one time in October. The crowds were very light, but that was in 2005. Our longest wait time then was about 20 min.

3. realfam

realfam Member

We have been down at that time of year several times and have very much enjoyed it!!! ; The weather is still pretty hot, but can get cool in the evening. ; The crowds are not bad, but with Epcot's Food and Wine Festival on, ; Epcot can get busy in the evening especially on the weekend. ; An event not to be missed! ; You also have Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party happening on select nights at Magic Kingdom. ; Another must see!
    Overall I'd say its a great time to go....

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Hi everyone been away for a while. We were there last October I agree with realfam I found weekends very busy during the week the crowds were manageable, but Epcot was busy everynight during food and wine. MNNSHP is great getting pricey though.

5. taylorta

taylorta Member

We went last October and it was great. ; Crowds were light, the halloween decorations are up and the weather was favorable.

6. mater396

mater396 Member

I haven't been in October before, but am going the first week this year. ; I am looking forward to attending MMNSSHP as well.

7. obo101

obo101 Member

I think we had one of our best visits in Oct. and MNSSHP is worth the trip alone.

8. mater396

mater396 Member

There are a lot of festivities going on at Epcot this year. Hoping for the best and going to avoid the weekends. ; Glad to hear about MNSSHP.