hola, 43 days and counting down

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by gary, Apr 11, 2007.

1. gary

gary Member

till the bumpkins invade spain, we are of course very excited, first trip to europe and all, we did not get the extra waitlisted night in barcelona, really didn't expect too, barca runs 80-90% hotel occupancy due to popularity as convention and tourist sight
    BUT, did score somewhat, we have a nonstop from jfk to barcelona, arriving 0735, so we can salvage some of the day for sightseeing
    returning air france via paris, but only 2 hr layover so no chance for disneyland paris
    several longtime friends still can't believe i'm going to a foreign land, my nickname is daryl, since i'm somewhat of a country boy
    the nonstop seals the tripod deal, velbon goes to europe, i may only take a dozen shots with it the 2 weeks, but they will be night shots worthy of a t-mip tour
    i'm going loaded with 4 gb and 2 gb cf cards, i expect based on 1400/7 days mousefest to be returning with in excess of 2000 shots, i promise to post a couple, and i'll try to get at least 1 large print worthy of barcelona, and also hopefully 1 large print of the cinque terre
    gary

2. HW

HW Member

I did 2 Med cruises when in the Navy and I liked Spain the best of all the countries I was in. I wish digital was out back then