History in a Golf Ball (imgs)

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Jul 31, 2014.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Last week's trip, I was on my way out of Epcot when I happened to notice no line at all for Spaceship Earth...so why not?! It gave me more opportunity to play with some dark ride shooting with my A6000 and 35mm F1.8 lens, and I've always enjoyed the history of communication, no matter who narrates it!:

[​IMG]
    Hammering out the papyrus scroll

[​IMG]
    The high and mighty of Egypt

[​IMG]
    Muslim scholars who kept the knowledge when Rome fell

[​IMG]
    Early printing, when pressing had to be done manually

[​IMG]
    The theater...ACTING! Thank you.

[​IMG]
    Some guy, painting some roof, somewhere

[​IMG]
    Civil War over! And now, the press can run on steam

[​IMG]
    Sending the telegraph

[​IMG]
    Foxy Brown plays a lab technician, in '60s technicolor

[​IMG]
    The Woz, in the garage

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

these all look great! what really impresses me though, (knowing you shoot jpeg and hate post-processing) is the colors and white balance. they look perfect!

3. zackiedawg

Thanks Craig. The A6000 I think really retains nice vibrant colors - aside from better noise control and detail retention at high ISO, that's one of the more notable things over my NEX-5N - the high ISO seems to keep a little more dynamic range and better color fidelity now. As for WB, fortunately that ride isn't quite as bad as HM or POTC, but it still can be fussy - I actually shot most in AWB, but I usually took one or two half-press shutters as I first entered a scene to force the WB to adjust on that lighting before I shot...it works pretty well in all but the worst red or yellow light cast.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Craig nailed it! These are great, and with the no post work (or little) they are super impressive.

I just told my wife yesterday to not let me buy anything for my D7000, I want to get a mirrorless next (but will wait a year or so)!

5. zackiedawg

Many thanks John!