Hidden Mickeys

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by CameraGirl, May 11, 2006.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the hidden mickeys? ; Has anyone really stopped to look for any? ; I can say the two times that I did go to DW, I really wasn't looking. ; Now this time, I may have to, just to be more aware of the surroundings and hopefully find a mickey or two.

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

When we checked into our hotel, the concierge took us on a tour, and she showed them to me in the hallway. ; I found a few in our room, but other than that I didn't look for them

3. Treelo

Treelo Member

We looked for them when we were on our honeymoon (DH actually got so hooked he bought the book... Yeesh!). ; We didn't look for them so much this time around, though... still saw a bunch, but didn't go hunting for them (there are Mickeys everywhere anyway... heck, at AK Lodge they're in the bedspreads, the drapes... the carpets.... the flamingo ponds... all over the place!)

I think if you're on your upteenth trip and that 'been there, done that' feeling is starting to creep in, it can be fun to actually hunt for them... or if you've got kids that need a little pick-me-up towards the end of a long day it could probably come in handy as a 'scavenger hunt' kind of thing. ; At the same time, though, if you're going to start kids hunting for hidden mickey's you should be prepared to hear "There's one! ; I found Mickey!!" every 2 minutes *laugh* (Not just from kids, either... I know DH started seeing him everywhere before too long... whether he was actually there or not *laugh*)

4. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I looked for them while we were there, but I am not very observant about those things so I really didn't see many. ; I was having too much fun enjoying the parks.