Heading to Disney next week - Thursday Jan 23!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Jan 17, 2014.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms, feet, and anything else I can cross that the weather may FINALLY be cooler for a Disney trip! ; With the complete lack of winter in Florida for the past 2 years, it's been hard to find a nice cool day - having sweated my way through Pixelmania in December (that's just all kinds of wrong), I had fears that once again my January trip would also be warm (like last year). ; But we received our first cold front last night of any duration (we had another night a few weeks back that dipped to the 40s, and was literally back to the 80s the very next day!)...today stayed cool, and the forecast (though not reliable any farther out than a day or two) is optimistically showing a sustained cool through the next 10-12 days...nights generally in the low 50s and occasional 40s, days in the upper 60s to 70ish. ; That's for down here in Palm Beach County, so it's a little cooler for up north in Disney - shave about 5-8 degrees off those numbers.

Which means, if the forecast can just stay accurate and mother nature cooperates, I may get to enjoy walking around the Disney parks without sweating!

Arriving Thursday early afternoon, checking in at Saratoga Springs, probably hitting DHS that late afternoon just to wander around, head out and grab dinner at a resort, maybe walk Downtown Disney later (the walkway from Saratoga to Marketplace is likely still closed as it was in December, but it's still possible to walk out through the car gate). ; Staying Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then heading out Monday morning back home.

Loose plans, no real schedule. ; This is the annual family trip with mom, where we usually meet up with some local relatives on a few of the nights, and sometimes wander off for our own things some days...if anyone else is up there, feels like picking a day to wander around and shoot, or just hang out, have a drink, and shoot the breeze, feel free to let me know and maybe we can bump into eachother up there.

2. gary

gary Member

i'll be at boardwalk until saturday 1/25, flight home is am. party of 5, karen, neice tabitha, her husband stanley ; and cara, their 4 year old daughter. having a blast so far. hit me on cell if you are wanderin thursday or friday. we are free forming those days

3. zackiedawg

Cool Gary. ; I will let you know when I'm up there - if we can happen to be in the same spot maybe to say 'hi' and have a drink!

4. zackiedawg

Wow is it fantastically, wonderfully cool up here! ; Got in today, high was around 66, and it plunged down nicely into the mid-40s by late this evening. ; Looks like it'll stay around 44 today, and tomorrow's high won't be much more than 57...tomorrow night is supposed to drop down to 34.

I. ; AM. ; LOVING. ; THIS.

All you northerners would hate it, but for we Floridians who haven't seen or felt anything resembling winter in over 2 years, it's 'FINALLY!'

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That's the temperatures I was looking forward to in December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zackiedawg

Me too. ; This makes up for it a bit. ; :) ; Today is a little warmer - high is 68, so still pleasant...low about 51 tonight. ; Tomorrow looks like it really starts warming up, with high 74 and low only 58...still not bad, but not winter anymore. ; Monday is back to summer, with the high at 80, but I'm headed home that day anyway, and it's always at least that hot at home.

It's been a nice trip - not overly crowded - good meal at Le Cellier last night, and spent until 12am shooting World Showcase since it was nearly empty during EMH. ; Today, probably headed over to AK around 12:30pm, staying until close at 8pm, then headed to Boma for dinner...then probably some minigolf.

They seem to be getting the kinks out of MagicBand - managed to get my annual pass, reservations, AND hotel key all on the same band - and they all work! ; (for some, that seemed to be a bit too much to ask for during Pixelmania).