Ham Ham's August 2008 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Ham Ham, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Interesting report - thanks so much!

I'm not a huge fan of Universal - it just isn't Disney to me. ; Sure I get that it attracts teens and olders, and rides are geared that way, but I too have been bothered by kicks - as if everyone who visits there hates Disney. ; I'm sure there are some, but the mouse is responsible for driving a lot of tourists to the Florida swamp, so it deserves some respect at least - but that's just me. I LOVE Disney - and I react like a protective mom to someone teasing her baby at times. :)

I've been on the Back to the Future ride - and personally, I ain't a roller coaster kinda gal. Sure, I love Big Thunder and Goofy's barnstormer - but I avoid Space Mountain and RNR - that's just me. ; I know others love it. ; I don't. I try to conquer it, but only my DD9 will get me on those rides - once she's ready to do them. (And right now, she's happy to stay off.) ; When I rode BTTF, it was the scariest experience I'd ever had - I got that it was a simulator, but I didn't like the experience. At all. Hubby loved it (this was prekids), and scads of other folks do too - but I'll stick to the tamer rides, thank you - so I won't be heading to the Simpsons anytime soon... :)

Glad to hear you had a fantastic time, though!