GroupMe link Pixelmania attendees, please add

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Dec 3, 2017.

1. https://groupme.com/join_group/2930609/Z8e2jP

This is how we are communicating in real ( and "awkward") time.

Add this app to your phone and monitor the stream for last minute updates re: the schedule and chatty whining about how sore and stiff we are from shooting the parks 37 hours a day.

~the Pixelmania planning board

mSummers likes this.
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Uh oh - I'm feeling that technology pressure again. I finally ended up having to get a smart phone, not really by choice, but made it dumb by not having any data plan, since I never use it that way. I can access apps at Disney via wifi, but Disney's wifi isn't the greatest in the world, so hopefully if I go through this app process, I'll be able to access it *somewhat* in real time via park and resort wifi. I just need to figure out how to load the app, set up the account, and 'join' the group now.

3. zackiedawg

Those of you 'in the know' with technology - I set up my Groupme account, however want to make absolutely sure it will not send me any text messages when the app is being used...no texts for anything at all. I went into 'settings' in the app, and found something for SMS...they were turned on because notifications in the app were turned off. So I turned off SMS, and turned on notifications. Will this mean I will only receive groupme messages when I'm logged into the app, and will not get any text messages? Thanks.

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I have SMS and notifications turned off, and I don't get anything until I turn on WiFi and open the app. I'll probably turn notifications on when Pixelmania starts.

5. zackiedawg

OK - sounds good. I'll probably turn off notifications then - easier for me to just open the app when I want to catch up on what's happening. I got worried when I first signed up and it pinged me 4 texts, but I think the first few were just the pin to set it up then notice that I had joined the Pixelmania group - that's when I went into settings and turned off SMS.