Germany Trains at the Holidays

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Nov 13, 2011.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I spent about 20 minutes photographing the layout in Germany last December. ; I had read an article in Celebrations Magazine about taking some time to look for the detail here by some photographer that has his own website, so I gave it a whirl. ; I only just recently rediscovered these as I have been spending most of my time with my shots from Pixelmania. ; So here are a few..

[​IMG]
    Blue Train! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Germany Trains at the Holidays by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Germany Trains Town Square at the Holidays by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Santa is on the rooftop! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Is that their name or favorite beer? by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

can't imagine who would come up with a cockamamie idea like that!
    great job, john!

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great shots John! I love the trains!

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots indeed, John!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Craig!

Thanks Tim!

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nice set, John. ; I love how they always have an appropriate theme, especially during Flower & Garden or Food & Wine.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis! ; I loved the Food and Wine banners they put in the layout!

[​IMG]
    Germany Trains at Food and Wine by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wow - excellent job - both you AND Disney! ; I need to pay more attention to that. ; I've photographed the train village before, but usually only one shot for a minute or two passing by - the crowds often turn me off, and I don't know that I've ever noticed the holiday-specific decor before.

Can't wait to get up there again in a few weeks and see it!

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I don't remember if I've posted this here or not, but just in case I haven't, here is their version of the Flower & Garden festival. ; By a sheer coincidence, their topiaries are the same as the full-sized ones that were scattered around Epcot. :)

[​IMG]
    Little town, little festival

There are loads of little details in the layout. ; It really pays to get down on your knees and look closely.

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Dennis! ; It is interesting to see the same church (although very different angles) in 3 shot during 3 different themes.

11. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Awesome pictures!! I love the hidden details and how Disney continues to "dress" this display to match the festivities that are happening around it.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks! ; I think I will try to use this as a reason for a few extra trips, only I think my wife will not fall for that!

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I was not aware that Disney did this. ; I am going to have to pay attention to this now. ; Thanks for pointing it out.