finding nemo the musical

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by gary, Dec 30, 2007.

1. gary

gary Member

the only one i have that came out publishable, hard to take illicit shots from your lap, i would raise the camera up a little, guess at the aiming and fire one off, then look around to see if the cm had spotted me, of course i would end up with seating near a cm for once
    i still haven't figured out why no photography, makes no sense to me, i could see no flash, but just have cm remind people no flash, if you don't know how to turn off the flash oh well, maybe better luck after reading the manual
    the colors are so vivid, i'm seriously tempted to try next year for a middle of the row and just do it in the dark, if i get away with it so be it, and i'm normally a fairly compliant law abiding individual, but the colors in this show are driving my velvia addiction off the scale

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They went back to no photography? I heard they dropped that a while back once the original cast was gone.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. gary

gary Member

well that's what the preshow announcement states, no photography of any kind, of course that may just be a canned announcement that hasn't caught up yet, but it's working, i did not see anyone trying to take photos openly

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done from the lap! I missed this show but have seen commercials for the Nemo on Ice show and I can see that the colors are amazing! I can't wait to see the show myself.

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Heck, I was kneeling in the aisle taking pictures of this Musical.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

STILL. HAVEN'T. SEEN. THIS.

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Don't tell Nancy or she'll find some way to drag us to this the next time we are all at Animal Kingdom together

8. Roger

I'll be there in one week from tomorrow.

9. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I'll be at Disney on Monday but probably won't get to AK I only have a day or two and then it's off to Atlanta.

10. Roger

I'll probably be at the studios Monday night after the conference; on Wednesday the conference is done at noon.

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

so Roger, 1.2 and 6400 here too? ;)

12. Roger

Maybe, I guess it depend on where I'm sitting. But the show's bright enough for 5.6 really now that higher ISO is decent.
    My old Fantasmic! days with 800 film and 2.8 lens is the same as 3200 and 5.6.

13. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I saw the show it wasn't very dark. I haven't tried to shoot it yet but I think it would be bright enough.

14. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

ahh, I havent seen it. 1.2 probobaly isnt needed then. My d80 maxes out on good iso at 800, sometimes 1600 depending on the shot. But 1600 is not good enough to print any enlargement imo. Or I'm not good enough to print at 1600 :)

15. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I don't think you would need ISO 1600 but you may. When I say it I wasn't as much of a photography person so I wasn't looking at it with that eye so I may be wrong.

16. Roger

The last time I saw it it was "no photography allowed. period". I probably don't need 3200 with the 5.6, but it will depend on where I'm sitting. I'll use a prime over a zoom if I can!

17. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I wish they enforced no flash photography and stopped saying no photography.

18. Roger

Figured out the misconception. The new narration plays first which forbids the use of flash or video lighting.

But *right* before the performance they play the *original* spiel which says no photography for the safety of our performers (contracts. (addition by author)

19. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Last time I was there they were saying no FLASH photography- (The first time I was scolded for just taking a picture of the audatorium before the show even started ???)

Lighting was fine- I was using a slow lens at f5.6. Slower shutter speeds are okay as the show is not especially fast moving. Not like trying to cantch those cursed tumble monkeys from that other show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great shots Gdad!