FILLED UP 12/2/15 Pixelmania kick off dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Oct 4, 2015.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Should some warning be mentioned for Gary too? If you say 'any black shirt will do', Gary may just stretch the definition to the limits of some people's taste and PC regulations. Not that I mind, but some of the sensitive folks might be taken aback.

2. gary

gary Member

I have some black t shirts, i even have a plain one

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am pretty sure you have a black one with some marshmallows toasting some humans over a fire!

4. zackiedawg

What? How'd that happen? Did it go through the wash too many times and wash off the dead baby joke on the front? ;)

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I believe Kermit's Autopsy and Disney on Ice are also on black...

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And I'm hoping Navy will be okay instead of black, cuz that's what I have (my only current black shirt is a knit polo)...

7. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I may be wearing navy also.

8. Really, it will be fine as far as the shirt color. Some days it's darts and other days it's horse shoes (yuk, yuk, I made a horse joke)

I just went out and bought a bunch of red bandannas so everyone will be covered in that department, literally and figuratively.
    ~J

9. recap of the reservation for Whispering Canyon:

(Jeff holds 14 person reservation, Mike 6 and Joanie 4 for a total of 24 seats)

Right now we are at 14 seats filled which would finish Jeff's reservation.

That leaves Mike with 6 empty seats on his reservation and myself with 4 empty seats. I checked with Don Sullivan and he can't make it.

So the question begs how long should we hold the remaining reservations open or should we cap the dinner at 14 people and free up those two reservations?

I'm not sure if we will have any last minute entries wanting to go to this dinner?

What does the collective hive think. I believe there is a 48 hour (or could be 24 hour) cancellation requirement for a dining reservation.

~Joanie

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think at this point everyone is signed up who wants to attend. Let's post a last call on the Pixelmania sign up thread and give a deadline after which we'll release the extra reservations. How about Saturday at noon for a sign up deadline?

11. Excellent Idea! I'll go make a LAST CALL post

~Joanie

12. zackiedawg

Agreed - the last call is a good idea to handle it.

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I have to cancel. My mother went in the hospital today. With luck it will just be overnight. IF I can fly down Wednesday, I'll miss dinner but should arrive late for Yehaa Bob.

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

Dennis, I hope everything turns out ok with her.

15. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Sorry, to hear that, Dennis. I hope she is doing alright.

16. ddindy

Thanks for your concern. It's either an infection or a reaction to the chemo that she just started. We'll see what happens. If I can get to WDW, even for a couple of days, I will, but she has priority, of course.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Prayers are being sent her way...

18. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Dennis, my thoughts and prayers for you and your mother.

19. gary

gary Member

Dennis i sincerely hope it's getting better with mom, i have a frail mom so i go through much the same

20. ddindy

Thanks, everyone. I've changed my flight to Friday afternoon, but at this point I'm pretty sure I'll have to cancel this trip altogether. Due to multiple problems, there's simply no one else to take care of her if she comes home. I'll really miss all the fun with everyone.