Favorite Subject

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by vantonni, Feb 10, 2007.

1. vantonni

vantonni Member

hej, whats your favorite thing-person-object to photograph in MK. that thing that you come home and end up having 20 photos of it and you know you'll take 20 more the next time.

Mine:

1. series shots of people going down Splash mountain drop.

2. BTMRR trains from tom sawyer island or liberty square

i'll have to think of others.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Has to be the castle - I can't walk across the bridge to Liberty Square without taking a half dozen shots right there.

Also would be any type of fast moving rides I can snap of shots while I'm on it. I just like to see what I get at 3fps.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

for some reason, i can't pass by those chess pirates in the POTC queue without taking yet ANOTHER photo of them, even though i think i have every possible angle...

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That's easy. It would have to be Fantasmic! from the Rivers of America stage.

Oops.

I think you meant the "other" Magic Kingdom.

5. Tim

now that i think about it, all i do is take pics at disney, whether i have them or not...

but i CAN'T pass up a performance of the dapper dans without snapping off a frame or two...

6. Dan

Dan Member

Tomorrowland at night. I'm just in love with that blue and red neon color scheme. The truth is I don't shoot that every time I'm there, besides which I'm starting to exhaust my possibilities using my mini tripod. I've pretty much used up all the better placed trash cans, and they define where I can locate the tripod.

To do much more I'm going to have to acquire a proper full sized tripod. But then.. look out Tomorrowland!

7. ilene

ilene Member

My favorite subject would have to be Cinderella's castle, with performances (e.g. stage shows, World Showcase performers, etc.) coming in a close second.

8. vantonni

vantonni Member

Expanding the landscape of the question.

I also take the Tower of Terror from like every angle. from the Studio parking lot, from the road on the way to downtown disney, on sunset drive, high speed shots of the cars dropping. I even have shots of it from the line and exit of RnRC. I have walked all the way from epcot just to take photos of it from that walkway.

i also used to love photographing the parrot outside of POTC.

9. Tim

[​IMG]

how 'bout that angle... it was from our room in the Swan in 12/2004. pretty cool view at the end of a long day...

10. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I can't walk by the skeleton pirate in the crows nest with the telescope at POTC either.

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Huh? ;D

[​IMG]

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well, going as often as I do, I've got a dozen or more pictures of almost everything in the park! However, I would have to admit a positively magnetic pull to photograph this:

[​IMG]

I may have hundreds of shots of this - and have taken it during EVERY trip to Disney. I've got shots I took of my mother standing in front of it in 1981, when I was only 13! I can't explain why - I just like it.

I also always seem to take a picture of the gorgeous horses whenever they pass by:

[​IMG]

And when I go through my galleries, I keep coming upon lots of pictures of this guy and his funny-looking pet, whoever he is:

[​IMG]

As for the others mentioned...yeah, the castle from Liberty Square bridge is almost a disease - I've got hundreds - day, night, wide, closeup, cloudy, sunny, lighted, fireworks, with birds, with ducks, with performances...all from that very same spot:

[​IMG]

People going down splash mountain drop? Who on earth would photograph that?:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah...I would. Dozens of times!

And I'd have to agree on the Tomorrowland entrance shots - especially at night:

[​IMG]

13. HW

HW Member

like that first one of the water wheel alot

14. zackiedawg

Funny thing about that first shot - As I said, I have an addiction to photographing Harper's Mill...

Well, at Mousefest during Tim's photo tour, he was showing everyone a good spot to take the Haunted Mansion from the Pecos Bill side of the river (definately a favorite spot for me too!), and the riverboat was just heading out - noone could take the Haunted Mansion shot, so were just waiting. And I happened to be standing just a few dozen yards to the right of my typical Harper's Mill photo spot. So while everyone else was photographing the riverboat, the birds, etc...I was sneaking my usual shot of good 'ol Harper's Mill! I felt almost like an addict getting his fix - I just couldn't resist!

15. Tim

hey, you cheated!

(at-a-boy)..... we'll do it again this year, justin, and i'll be watching you...

16. zackiedawg

I swear I was still listening to everything you said with my right ear!

It would be something of a challenge for me to take a trip to Disney without photographing the mill. I'll start training my mind for next Mousefest - maybe by then I'll be strong enough to resist!

(BTW Tim...off subject - I'm trying to see if I can get reservations in the new Animal Kingdom Lodge vacation homes for late in the year, maybe for Mousefest. The first ones are supposed to be available in fall this year on the upper floors of the current lodge...the new buildings won't be finished until later. Have you heard anything on the points structuring or availability yet?)

17. Tim

if you go on dvcmember.com, the point chart is online along with some concept art. no word on when, but the points can be cheaper than OKW if you believe that. my friend worries that it might smell a bit... gamey... once the hot weather hits.

18. zackiedawg

Thanks! Didn't realize they had listed the points for it already.

I've stayed at the AK Lodge before, during the late fall (still summer-like temps!) and didn't notice any problems...I don't think I'd mind anyway - it's part of the Africa feel (and smell!). ;)

19. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Huh? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Tim

never did get very good at that 'out of the box' photoshop technique. cool post.