Favorite "country" to eat in?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by Floridian, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Floridian

Floridian Member

The countries in Epcot are by far my favorite Disney attraction. I haven't been to Norway's restaurant in years but they used to have a wonderful and interesting buffet. I always buy chocolate in Italy. And my new favorite restaurant is the Rose & Crown pub. Next time I'm ordering their burger- comes with all kinds of toppings, including a fried egg!
    What are your favorite eats in the countries?

2. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

One time at Disney World, we were having a family reunion and we went to Germany's restaurant. It was delicious. Like you say of Norway's restaurant, it was a buffet and I remember there were German-speaking staff and a loud band on a stage playing some music. I think that one's probably my favorite so far.
    I love Epcot, too. Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have got to be my favorite parks. I'm not really a water person and Animal Kingdom can get a bit too hot for my liking.

3. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

France!! At that ice cream place that I can't pronounce! (I'm sure someone can correct me, haha! I don't want to misspell it and I'm on my phone)

4. kinary

kinary Member

I've never been to the countries. Which insane because I love to eat and I've always wanted to go to Germany; the actual country too, but the Disney country is on a kinda Disney to do list I've had forever. I probably went the first time I went, when I was 5, and just don't remember it. The point I was trying to make was that I want to go to Germany and I think its Japan but they have a lady who spins little creatures out of what I think is candy. I also wanted to check that out.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Canada is my favorite country to eat in. I try to eat at Le Cellier once each trip.

I think the candy lady in Japan retired last year

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I thought someone said her contract was up (Miyuki). But it's not like you could eat her taffy creations anyway (had to do with the coloring she used I think).

7. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Member

I am not one to eat in the park because its so expensive. But when I am in Epcot I like to stop in Germany and have a half and half German beer.

P.S. The last time I ate in the park we went to the Hoop-De-Doo and with my Dads discount it was $40 a plate. After that I decided to start eating outside the parks.

Greg

8. Canada--Le Cellier is a 'can't-miss'.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I like the beer in Canada, Enland, Japan, Germany and Mexico. I make sure to grab one from each one on every trip!

At the holidays Germany has this awesome Garden with some different beers as well, it's a can't miss.

Not exactly eaten, but my 2 cents.

10. Aprax

Aprax Member

Japan! I really enjoyed the culture there. I went to Tokyo with my family and we visited the Tokyo Disneyland. For anyone who has never been to Asia, the culture there is quite different from North American culture. I would highly recommend a trip there to anyone who hasn't been. :)

11. mariposa

mariposa Member

Oh, there's no way I can answer this question! :) It's one of my favorite things to do at EPCOT, too, along with shopping in the various countries.

I really enjoyed Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco. Norway's little pastry shop is wonderful... Beaver Tails from Canada (haven't had for a few years, so I hope they still have those when I get back again.)

Every country has its own delicious cuisine and it's impossible to pick a favorite because I've never eaten anything at EPCOT that I *didn't* like! :D There are still three countries I need to try, but I suspect my answer will be the same after I do!