Epcot 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Scottwdw, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My experience yesterday was not very celebratory as I waited in line for Mouse Gears for a few hours on a very hot and humid day in Epcot. ; However, I did spend a lot of time in Epcot earlier in the weekend and thought this photo embodied Epcot today and EPCOT Center of yesterday.

[​IMG]
    Future World 2012 by Scottwdw, on Flickr

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Monorail with wide angle lense?

Sent from my iPhone...

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Yes, was taken at 16mm with the Nikon D700. ; Cropped for composition into a 16x9 ratio.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice Scott...now I need to find an excuse to ride the monorail into Epcot as I haven't done that in years! ; That's a cool angle I had completely overlooked.

Clouds were awesome that day, too...nice job!

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, Justin! ; The monorail windows act like a polarizing filter. ; I cleaned up a couple of window reflections in post, too. ;

Considering how hot and humid it was, I was thankful for any cloud cover last weekend. ; Whew!

6. Paul

Paul Member

Very Nice! Love the monorail shots.

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great shot!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I really like this one Scott! ; And you really cant tell that you took it from the monorail. ; Awesome!

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work, Scott!

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I got as close to the window as I dared. ; While this is cropped some from the original, I did not get any of the monorail in the image.

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thank you, Paul, Craig and Michael!

Here's the Epcot Dedication plaque on the morning of October 1, 2012.
    [​IMG]