Enchantment of Disney in Niagara Falls, Canada

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Scottwdw, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Enchantment of Disney animated lighting displays are part of Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada's annual Winter Festival of Lights. While they are much better in person, here's a sample of the displays you can see.

You can see them right from the Niagara Parkway. They are right across from the gorge and falls area.
    [​IMG]

Mickey, Tink and Beauty and the Beast
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a 5 second exposure so all the Princess' names would be lighted as they blinked in sequence and the reason the sign is totally blown out.
    [​IMG]

Walt Disney World light display
    [​IMG]

Cars
    [​IMG]

Pocahontas
    [​IMG]

For all you Disney Afternoon fans: Goof Troop
    [​IMG]

Pirates!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Thanks for sharing... I'm amazed at the quality of the night shots taken on this site. This is something I'm only now starting to learn how to accomplish.

3. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Those shots look great. Thanks for sharing something I never knew existed!

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

wow, that is really cool, scott. thanks for sharing and nice job with the exposures as well.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Very cool Scott, thanks for sharing!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I should mention a few tech details, eh? (as my Canadian friends would say).

I shot these in Aperture Priority mode at f/5.6 (except for the Princess one where I stopped down to f/22 to get the 5 second shutter speed) and shutter speeds ranged from 1/8s to 2s depending on the display. The shot with the head and taillight trails was at 4s and f/9. All using ISO 200, a tripod and the 18-200VR lens with the VR turned OFF. ;D

Even in the cold they were fun to photograph. People were very nice about waiting for me to take pictures. I think using a tripod flags people that this is no ordinary photog. ;)