Elevated Walkway (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by wddoebler, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Re: Elevated Walkway

Inside the Team Disney building, in the center where the sundial is.

Whatcha doin' there???

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Re: Elevated Walkway

Disney Quest?

3. Paul

Paul Member

Cirque du Soleil?

4. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Way to go Red Helicopter! ; I am surprised that more people haven't been curious enough about that thing that looks like a 10 story tall modern garbage can to go inside and see what it was. ; I'll post some of the other photos that I took back in 1997 of the "world's largest sundial"

5. Re: Elevated Walkway

I have family that works in the building. I didn't realize it is open to the public. Cool.

6. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

That is soooo cool, none of the guys with 5 stars for posting got the answer but someone with only 19 posts got it. ; Tim, since so many members have obviously never seen this place, perhaps you might consider adding this to the list for the itinerary for yourself and the rest of the pixelmaniacs December, 3 - 6. ; Good news, it's free to get in.

7. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

It was open to the public in 1997. ; In fact there wasn't a soul around the place and I was in there for almost an hour. ; Maybe things are different now. ; It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get permission to go in.

8. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

9. Re: Elevated Walkway

;D I'm a noob to TMiP, but I'm no Disney noob! hehehe

It's probably quiet again, after all those manager layoffs.

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Good one.

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

That is so cool that it is a sun dial. ; I wonder if anyone can still get into that building.

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I've seen that building many times but never realized it was actually a Sundial. Very Cool.

13. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Another sundial photo is posted in the forum "Where to Next: ; Mickey Mouse Edition!"