Electric Water Pageant

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Aug 31, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

You know for some reason I never see photos of this classic Disney show, which has been going since the '70s! ; I admit, I've never photographed it myself...even though I've seen it 10,000 times. ; Last trip, I happened to be at Wilderness Lodge, after dinner there, and saw the electric boat water pageant beginning - I was thoroughly unprepared for it as I only had my mirrorless and 18-55 kit lens with me - but the fact that I never had any shots of it before made me take a few snaps of it from the beach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both shot handheld, ISO6400, with a very slow kit lens wide open (F3.5 on the first, F4 on the second).

Now I wonder...has anyone else shot this show a bit more prepared than I, with a proper fast lens, possibly a tripod or longer shutter, processed RAWs, etc? ; I just can't remember seeing many, or any, photos of this!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I know that I have not shot it at all, and I can't remember anyone posting any photos of it either.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I've never shot it either. ; I have seen a handful of shots of it on Flickr, most of which were shot during the 4th of July fireworks from the Polynesian beach

4. zackiedawg

Well, if I think of it and am in the right place to see it, I think I'm going to try to be more prepared and actually try taking a few shots of it when I'm there in September! ; Since it has been mostly neglected by us photographers, but is an old classic piece of Disney history!

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

6. gary

gary Member

i,m at rhythm & roots getting my cajun on or i would have slammed one up there. i remember it dennis, ; i believe i was right next to on that dock

7. HPS3

HPS3 Member

I've only watched it once. I'll have to catch it next time.

8. zackiedawg

Nice - thanks for the shot, Dennis. ; That looks like a much nicer, more official shot...well framed.

I was surprised there weren't any shots around of this - I figured if there was a chance of digging any shots up, it would be from TMIPers. ; You've proved me right!

Gary - sounds like fun. ; I hear Dr. Greg "House" is playing there...as in Hugh Laurie. ; Saw him at a blues club down here - he's not bad.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I remember watching it, but I just didn't think that anyone shot it.

10. gary

gary Member

hugh laurie just finished. he,s very good, not the best i have ever seen at the type of music, but the copper bottom band is absolutely first rate

11. zackiedawg

Certainly better than you'd expect for an English actor. ; :)

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  13. zackiedawg

There we go! ; That's a nice one, Craig...love the BLT in the foreground to give the perspective and set the scene.

14. Chernabog1940

Chernabog1940 Member

15. zackiedawg

While eating dinner at Wilderness Lodge's Geyser Point Bar and Grill, I shot this from my table as the water parade was going on:
    [​IMG]

16. zackiedawg

A shot taken from my 1-bedroom villa balcony at Boulder Ridge last month:
    [​IMG]