Disney's Photopass - pre-order the CD

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Hi gang,

Just thought I'd share a note to let you know that my family often would go to Disney and get the photopass photographers to take our snaps. We'd get home and balk at the $12+ price to order one 5x7. ; This time around, we decided we were going to purchase the CD - get all our photopass pictures on a CD for one price, then we can pick and choose how many and what size to print off.

If you order the CD, it costs $124.95 USD.

If you pre-order the CD, they send you a code you use for actually placing the order after you return - the pre-order saves you money. That costs $99.95 USD.

We pre-ordered. ; Took advantage of it big time.

One huge plus - right now (at least in September) they are giving those that pre-order the CD a free sitting with a professional photographer at the Grand Floridian. ; (If you just book, it costs $49.95 for the sitting fee.) ; We booked an appointment and had a photographer snap about 45 photos of the family at various spots around GF. ; They're great - and one will be our new family portrait. (I'd paid for a sitting with a local photographer here - paid $90 for the sitting fee, and hated the photos.)

We just received our CDs now with all 400 + of our photos (there were 2 CDs - we had about 300 photos taken - that includes BBB, and after we paid for the photos at Chef Mickeys and Cinderella's castle, we could load those photos on too). ; We increased our photos (from 300 to 400) by editing, cropping, adding various borders, etc. when we got home. ; They put both the original and the edited version on the CD.

Check out http://www.disneyphotopass.com

Here's another great site with lots of info: ; http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass/

2. Just thought I'd mention that I'm going to use one of our Grand Floridian photos as our Christmas card - since I have the CD, I can use the photos as I wish. ;

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

If you ; pre-order are all pictures taken by the photopass photographers included?
    If so great deal.

[​IMG]

4. Yup - all of them. ; The only exceptions are event photos where you have to purchase them separately (e.g., Chef Mickey's breakfast, and Cinderella's Royal Table). ; But, having purchased those, you can take the photo itself to a photopass desk (e.g., like the one at Grand Floridian) and they'll add those photos to the photopass as well.