Disney's Boardwalk - on the boardwalk

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Jan 9, 2008.

1. My first attempt at photostitch

Tim, youll appreciate these ;)

The view from room 5007. A long walk from the elevators but so worth it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy,
    Katie

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

wow... i want to go back there sooooooo bad. thanks for sharing, katie.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here are a few new ones from this year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Spoodles is the one that is closing for Cat Cora's place, right?

great shots Craig

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Who, what?

O RLY?

Now I see why she was at DCA's Food and Wine last week.

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yep...that's the one that's closing and reopening as Cora's place. ; Should be interesting...I only ate at Spoodles twice - pretty good food, but it seemed to be sorta lost in the Boardwalk shuffle.

Craig:

http://www.themagicinpixels.com/forum/i ... 1064;image

That's my favorite room there in your last shot! ; The big, curved balcony that can be seen just above the shop in that shot is MY balcony! ; Couldn't get a better room if you tried - great view, HUUUUUGE balcony, extremely private (most others are more jutted out, and can be seen from above or the sides), and proximity to lobby and Boardwalk are fantastic.

I'll be there in less than a month...but I'll be in a standard view 1-bedroom this time (facing somewhere along the front entrance drive). ; View was less important than staying at Boardwalk in this case, and I wanted to save some DVC points for another stay in September-ish.

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Just once have we considered buying in to DVC & it was at the Boardwalk. That is one Awesome Resort. We actually took a tour, decided we would discuss it further, decided we wanted to do it, but sadly never went through with it. I regret not doing it after all these years.

On another note. One time we walked from DHS all the way to International Gateway @ EPCOT. My wife wanted to kill me & said there was no way she would ever do that again. We did do it again a couple years later though. I absolutely love the walk, but then again I am an avid jogger. Not to mention it is an awesome time on a Beautiful night.

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

wow, I cant believe thats a room! Awesome

[attachment deleted by admin]

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yep...the first one, in your previous photo by the "come right in" sign is a 1-bedroom - the entire curved arch is all one balcony...and it's super deep. ; Plus the balcony extends past the arch, to take up the entire space behind the red wall. ; Moreover, it is so closed in from the top that you could sit out there in a rainstorm, can't be seen from above, and one side is a solid wall while the other side is a full bulkhead panel over 7 feet tall separating from the next balcony. ; The next arch, over the "Thimbles" sign, contains 2 studios (or the connecting rooms to the neighboring 1-bedrooms to make them a 2-bedroom)...so the large balcony is divided into two. ; Still much larger than you would normally get in a studio! ; The next arch would be a 1-bedroom again. ; Those are the only 3 arches - and are the biggest and most private balconies in Boardwalk. ; I've only been lucky enough to get them once...but always keep requesting hoping I'll get lucky!

And this is the view from that balcony:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Those are REALLY good Justin! ; Ive been looking at that view all week and unfortunately its very hard to capture it! ; Im in room 4007 (In the Crest building). ; Got some awesome shots of Boardwalk from the BC beach after running into and getting some advice from our very own Gary who I didnt know was roaming around here! Will post pics soon!

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Justin, yet another set of wonderful photo's. ; Thanks for posting!