Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by ddindy, Jul 26, 2016.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Post you photos of the genuine original (and much longer than WDW's) Pirates of the Caribbean here.

2. ddindy

What's wrong with this picture?

[​IMG]
    Woman of Mystery

She's being a bit more modest than usual. Somebody on the night shift apparently forgot to put the hem of her dress in her hand. I rode PotC three times that week at Disneyland, and this was the only time I saw her this way.

3. ddindy

It's all about timing. Or more specifically, the good luck to have the shutter open when the strobe fires. I've purposely cropped this a little tight to remove some of the stuff in the background that's not meant to be seen, but was clearly visible due to all of the light.

[​IMG]
    Too Much Sun

jbwolffiv likes this.
  4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Very nice Dennis!

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice shot Dennis! Was on that twice today, explaining to my wife how it all has to be timed perfectly, which I still have not come close to doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ddindy

Thanks! As I said, it's all timing and luck. Don't you all agree that the original is better?

7. Tim

PotC in Disneyland is vastly superior in every way to the WDW version. And it's not even close.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yes yes yes! I think other than Radiator Springs Racers, PotC was my favorite! Seems like twice as long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ddindy

It's at least 50% longer. That first section with all the skeletons is not at WDW, nor is the scene at the end with the pirate on the cannon. Of course, the WDW version was just a quick & dirty thing to satisfy all of the guests who were disappointed that there wasn't one in Orlando.

At least we have the better (and continuing to exist) Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

DL's version is that long to get under the berm; hence also the actual need for the waterfalls and the HM stretching room - necessity. I'm sure if DL could re-do the ride to be shorter and put another shop in they would do it. Wait, scratch that...expand Club 33 and raise their rates I'm sure they would.

Hail Hydra.

11. Tim

Yes, DL had to make their ride in order to fit their majestical needs. With that said, it is vastly superior to its Florida counterpart.

12. ddindy

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  13. ddindy

One of the big differences between the east and west coast versions of PotC is that the Disneyland original has a whole bunch of scenes with dead pirates enjoying their spoils. They all come before the skeletons on the beach scene that starts WDW's version.

[​IMG]
    How About a Night Cap

14. ddindy

This is a scene that both parks have in common. I think the original version of these guys has a slightly different look that their Florida counterparts. It may be the hair and makeup. You be the judge.

[​IMG]
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Creepy Pirates Three

15. ddindy

16. ddindy

"Day after day, it's the same thing. 'We wants the redhead!' Well, the redhead wants a change. Give me a gun and we'll see who has the last laugh."

[​IMG]
    This is Getting Old

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  17. ddindy

The captain says keep out. But given the captain's condition (see photo posted on October 23, 2017 above), he's not really in a position to enforce that rule.

[​IMG]
    Read the Fine Print

18. ddindy

Another scene that doesn't exist in Florida.

[​IMG]
    Booty Pile

19. ddindy

20. gary

gary Member

california just starts off in a better way, this is such a nice colorful beginning

[​IMG]