Disney World's Contemporary Resort lives up to its name

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by prettypixie, Feb 1, 2008.

1. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

"Contemporary's primo location just two minutes by train "

Huh? When did that change? Last time I was there, the two minute train DID NOT STOP but rather continued to MK. If you want the monorail to MK from Contemporary, you have to go to the TTC, Poly, Grand Floridian first. Then MK.

Okay it's two minutes COMING back, but the article implies to get there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. megreader2003

megreader2003 Member

I'm just curious how you get to 4 theme parks by monorail? Did I miss a route or two?

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you never heard about the stealth monorail? it goes through the black square on the swan and dolphin er route to the disney hollywood studios.

5. Tim

i was going to assume that the author was referring to a monorail jump to the TTC then a bus transfer to the parks but it does clearly say, "With four theme parks a monorail ride away and the Downtown Disney entertainment area on the bus route, it's not surprising that attractions at the hotel are limited."

guess that one slipped past and editor and right onto the errors and omissions page. ;)

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

ahh yes, that monorail! I think you board that monorail at the California Grill on platform 9 3/4.

7. Tim

yup, that's the one. i would have taken a photo of it, but... DUH! it's stealth!

8. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I was wondering about the stops at four parks...it's been a while since I've made it to the Florida parks, so I thought maybe there had been some changes. I guess facts aren't as important as they once were! ;D