Disney Wonder fron Heads Up Bar

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by jbwolffiv, Jun 11, 2009.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This is the shot that I got last summer. ; I ditched the family for about 1.5 hours and walked from the ship to Serenity Bay and back. ; Very hot and long walk but this makes it all worth while for me.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Lovely clouds and sky you caught in that one. ; I agree wholeheartedly - just seeing those crowds down on the beach near the ship would give me the motivation to walk way out to the other end to excape the masses and enjoy the peace and quiet of a tropical island. ; I do that myself every time I am at a private island, be it Half Moon Cay, Princess Cay, or Labadee (never been to Castaway yet...but having been to the others, I can assure you they're all about the same - you can't get clear green waters, perfect blue skies, and white sugar sand wrong!).

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This is a great place for a cold beer as well!!

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ah the memories that this brings back. ; Did you go up in the observation tower and take any photo's? ; That is a great place for photo's back towards the ship also.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

My first question would be "what observation tower?" ; I did not know of one, but will make sure it is on the list for the next cruise (hopefully 2011 on a new ship).

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

If you walk out the runway, towards the other end of the island. ; There is another road that leads off to the right, and it will take you to an observation tower that has been built. ; Here are a few images back towards the ship from the tower.

[​IMG]

Me ;)
    [​IMG]

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice shot. Beautiful Sky / Clouds.