Disney to expand cancellation fees to all table service restaurants at WDW

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Sean&Karen, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

The new cancellation policy will come into effect on October 31 2013, when guests will be required to provide a credit card for all table service reservations. A charge of $10 per guests will then be automatically applied if a cancellation is not provided at least one day in advance.

In the case of pre-paid locations such as dinner shows, the entire amount will be retained in the event of failing to cancel. The new policy also applies to non-Disney operated restaurants.

Cancellations can be made on the Disney Dining website, at guest relations, a restaurant podium, or via a special phone number at 407-WDW-CNCL. To avoid the penalty, the cancellation must be made up to 11:59pm on the day before the reservation.

Disney has been trying to reduce the number of cases where guests book multiple restaurants, then simply do not appear at several of their reservations.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

It's about time! ; Nothing worse than not being able to get a reservation to somewhere because someone else has 6 reservations that they were juggling at the same time. ;

Now if only they would crack down on the DVC people that book a bunch of trips and then sell them to others on facebook and places like that. ; That is not cool for DVC owners and I've filed a complaint with my guide about it in the past. ;

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I have booked and used my points for friends before. I would hate if they took that ability away.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Booking for friends is one thing, but booking multiple trips during busy seasons and selling them to strangers is another...

Sent from my iPad

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Any little bit of help, I applaud! ; I personally would love to see them cut back on the whole reservation thing anyway, but that's not going to happen - at the very least, making a person think a bit more before they make an ADR can help keep some more openings for those of us who don't want to plan what they're going to eat 11 months from now. ; I'll take it!

And ditto on the DVR complaint - I didn't realize this was being done, but it would explain why sometimes booking seems very very difficult even with good lead time...like not being able to get anything else for Pixelmania this year but Saratoga, even though I booked what I felt was still reasonably early.