Disney to acquire Lucasfilms

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

After I thought about this some more....how about a pod racing ride that uses the Radiator Springs Racers technology? ; It would be perfect for indoors (get it dark, will make 50mph seem faster) which is what they were concerned about putting it at DHS in the first place.

I also think this started when Disney was prodding to make a full Star Wars land and in exhaustion one of the lawyers for Disney yelled at George, "What will it take for you to let us do this, buy you out????" to which he said "Yes."

BTW, Disney didn't own the full theme park rights to Star Wars. ; Legoland (both coasts!) were allowed to have Star Wars weekends of their own. ; Who owns Legoland in the U.S.? ; Merlin.

Merlin is a division of Blackstone, who also owns the Busch theme parks and....Universal Studios Florida.

I don't see Disney pulling the plug on Lego though. ; They make Toy Story and Avengers LEGO. ; (And Harry Potter, and Hobbit/LOTR, etc.)

//watch out, Universal will make a play for LOTR now.

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

The pod racer idea would be awesome, but would require a huge building. ; Although they could just have the building follow the shape of the track which might be easier to build

3. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

4. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Just noticed my post above didnt work. Link worked in preview but broke when I posted it. Fixed now... (I hope)