Disney Fantasy in NYC

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by jbwolffiv, Feb 29, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Had a chance to go and see the new Disney Fantasy in Manhatten last night. ; My wife, daughter and I walked right on board. ; Well, security did stop us in the terminal when we did not have our crew ID badges with us, if we only remembered them. ; They got a laugh from us trying to walk on board with other members of the crew. ; The photography was hard since the ship is so long and there are not any real good places to see it (unless you know someone in a building nearby) ; I was able to walk between the ship and the berth next to it. ; That is where I got this one.

[​IMG]
    Disney Fantasy NYC by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

I was hoping to get a good shot of the stack at night (while the ship was not moving) and no dice, but I did notice this in a window on the berth next to it.

[​IMG]
    Fantasy Stack Reflection by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

and this reflection too.

[​IMG]
    Reflections of Fantasy by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Jeff, I hope you get a chance to see it when it arrives in FL in a few days!

2. Chris B

Chris B Member

Nice work. ; Where specifically is the Fantasy docked?

Thanks for sharing.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Chris! ; It is at Pier 88, which is right next to the Intrepid, at the end of about 48th Street.

4. Chris B

Chris B Member

What a great sight to see! ; Glad you got to be there first hand!

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping to catch it John. ; I haven't heard when it is coming into port here though. ; I'm also hoping that Cast Members get to go onboard for some type of preview event. ; I think they had done something like that when the Dream came in.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am not sure when it will be there either, but it is leaving today (Friday) so I am thinking Sunday, or maybe Monday. ; I know that you can track it, only I dont really know how.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

OK, did a little digging and you might be able to track it here.
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I was able to find it just south of the Verrazano Bridge heading to Sandy Hook.

8. PolynesianMedic

I missed it. ; It came in this morning, and since my car is in the shop, I wasn't going to be able to get there. ; My water pump decided to split open yesterday and spew coolant everywhere. ; Oh well. ; I am sure that I can get over there some other time.

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I saw that about your car, stinks. ; Hope it all gets taken care of in good time. ; And yes, you will have plenty of chances to go and see the ships in port. ; There will be 3 there for about 2 months now.

10. PolynesianMedic

I will definitely have to make it over to see each of them.