dining package at disney world

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by first timers, Jan 26, 2008.

1. first timers

first timers Member

Help me guys first time going to Disney. Getting different feeling on the dining package> It did seem like a good savings but to look at the sample meuns found it almost seems like its a day to day thing without the package---$$$--- If I was to buy an adult pass it would be approx.$20 a meal looking at the prices on the menu most are 12.99 for a meal how does this work out I'm I missing something ??? ???

2. WDW Donna

WDW Donna Member

With the basic dining package you get one counter service meal, one table service and one snack. Keep in mind the table (and I think counter) service, appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage are included. That is a lot of food!
    We are going in November but not using the plan because it worked out an extra $600 for four of us. Two adults, one 12yr old (adult prices) and one 5yr old. We thought about it but my girls will not eat enough food to make it worth our while.
    I know people who swear by it and love the deal. It is just what works for you. Remember also if you want a character meal or go to a fancier table service (eg; Yachtsman Steakhouse) you must use 2 of the table service vouchers, some people don't plan for that then wonder why they have no vouchers in the middle of their vacation.
    Donna

3. first timers

first timers Member

Apparently they have cut the appertizers as well as customer has to leave the tip now.Early I was told that the tip was included in the price.What would you think that an average meal would cost for one adult nothing ot fancy??

4. kevings

kevings Member

Prices depend on where you're eating. ; I'd think an adult dinner entree will range from $10 to $40 depending on whether you're eating meatloaf at 50s Prime Time or filet mignon at Yachtsman Steakhouse. ; Check the menus at http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm to figure out where you want to eat to see if the price is right.

I have never used the dining plan, but I do not like the way it has changed dining at Disney. ; It is so much harder to get a table now, and the menus seem to be a little "dumbed down" from past years.