Diamond Hoseshoe Saloon Review

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by www.bigbrian-nc.com, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I have several Horeshoe photos from over the years would love to see those of others:

Sept 1998

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feb 2000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aug 2001

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ocober 2002

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

cool stuff, brian. i set foot in there in november because it was open for quick service (or desserts) or something and i thought the inside was really cool. very wild west. i would love to be able to see a cabaret or something in there.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. I just thought I'd add a few trivia tidbits to this page many of the performers pictured still work for WDW The Large emceee fellow in the Red suit has played many other roles He was one of the first to portray Mack in the pirate Tutorial, he's also a pirate in the "Rusty Cutlass" band http://www.rustycutlass.net/ that perfoms in the Pirate and Princess Parties as well as at the MCMVP's as well. His "main gig" however is now on Main Street as Stretmosphere Fire Chief Smokey Miller at the Magic Kingdom, he also played councilman miller before that current role.

last December I had the good fortune to run into a Card Shark Streetmosphere character at Disneys MGM studios (or so it was named at the time), with his brown suit, Fedora hat, and New York accent it took me several minutes to realize..."oh my gosh it's professor Terrance" who was the slight of hand card shark/Magician who although also wearing red in the photos above is the smaller of the two fellows (and he has a watch chain accross his vest)

Only very recently did I learn that the third gentleman in these photos, the singing Cowboy here, also has a regualr Disney gig too, it had piqued my curiosity as to if perhaps he did when I saw photos of him with the Rusty Cutlass band, it turns out he appears in Camp Minnie Mickey as Gui-Tar-Dan as his main job, very cool.

There are others in these photos as well the ladies of the horseshoe and the piano men, I don't know what has happened to any of these folks, although the Sept 1998 piano man bears at least a passing resemblance to Caseys' corners' "piano man Mark", I don't necessarilly think it is him (for one thing, I've never seen glassses on Mark ). As for the ladies since thier makeup and wardrobe might be considerably different if any of them were for instance streetmosphere at the studios or Magic Kingdom, I might have more trouble reconizing them even if I had seen them. but would appreciate input from others on any of these ladies and gentleman if they happen to know more about them and most especially if they are still entertainers at WDW.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I had only gone to this show before it ended once. I have since gone to the Hoop-De-Doo Revue with my wife and this show was not near as good as the Hoop-De-Doo. I also went in there when it was Goofy's musical revue and I will be nice and say simply I am glad that is gone.

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That is neat. I recognized The guy from the Rusty Cutlass band right away. I have watched them at every P&P party. They are a lot of fun to watch with their silly songs and silly jokes

[​IMG]

*edit--added another photo

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

6. While two of the members of Rusty Cutlass are former members of the Horseshoe crew the other two are Dapper Dans Ken (the shortest Pirate, wears purple stripes in the dans) and Chad (tallest of the pirate crew and wears the lime green stripes with the Dans)

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It is simply amazing at how talented and cross trained the staff truly are.

8. Here are some photos of Guitar Dan at AK that Brian asked me to share over here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He sang a personalized song to my little boy and it was a very Magical Moment!

Hiya Brian!

9. Thanks for sharing some of your great photos over here Melissa. Melissa takes lots of great pictures and if you ever have looked through the post a disney picture a day thread over at Disneyworld trivia.com you've probably seen some of her stuff.

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Just to continue the cross-training theme for these skilled entertainers...the guy in the band at the far left of Craig's pic (the one I linked above) looks like the guy I've seen playing Mack in the pirate tutorial, seen in the background here:

[​IMG]

In my opinion, the best Pirate Mack!

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

boy he sure does.
    Does Kevin Bacon fit in here somewhere?

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

This one is not from the DHSR show, but I like this image which I took in January.

[​IMG]